1998 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Poor Quality Build - Nightmare Experience
By bosnol on 08/28/11 21:03 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Awful build quality - it is too bad since the Astro fits a perfect niche for families with diverse outdoor interests. They made this vehicle out of trash - and it did not help with the dealer contesting every warranty claim. The extended warranty saved us $10k in unexpected, chronic breakdowns. Security Chevrolet in Vista, California, now out of business was the nightmare dealer.

1998 Chevy Astro Mark III van.
By eandrew on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

45000 miles only problem has been battery and wiper blades replaced once, steering alignment once. Still with original Uniroyal tires. 20 mpg highway, good, but would like it better. Two factory recalls for very minor prolems. Have not had typical chevvy things breaking, e.g. window cranks, door knobs, etc, that I have had with chevvies in past years, everything works like it is supposed to.

1997 Astro Conversion
By macboy9999 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

I would not recomend this van to anyone. We have 60,000 miles as of 3/02. So far the air went out twice, the motor was replaced 6 months after purchase, the front tierods and bushings need to be replaced the gas guage does not work the brakes were replaced last year. The serpentine belt has been replaced a year ago and it still makes a loud noise. They say we need another new one. This van has been garaged since we bought it. My wife drives it 40 miles a day to the train station, so most of othe miles are highway. I purchased it new in 1997 for $28,900 It was the top of the line TV VCR ect. If you are looking to purchase an Astro I would say Don't!!!.