1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
We have loved it!
By Valley Dweller on 07/07/05 10:41 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

This van has held up good, had some tranny trouble, but I knew about that model tranny before we bought it. Have had it since new, and replaced a few things here and there. Rides high, tows great, pull 5,000 lbs easily in the mountains where we live. Drives good in the corn and hay fields too. 220,000 miles and engine runs great, no oil use and no noises.

totally satisfied with this van!
By Carolyn on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

I put the miles on per year and this van keeps up with them have had no major problems .....power window on drivers side.yes but have found that to be a weakness with chevy's.....mine has 142,000 miles and runs like a clock..if I didn't need more room for my business , would definately get another..will be sad to retire this one.

ITS A LEMON
By UEBRIGHT3 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

NOT A GOOD VEHICLE TO OWN. TRANSMISSION WE OUT WITH IN 2 WEEKS. DOORS DO NOT STAY ALIGNED. OVERHEATING PROBLEMS. WAS IN THE SHOP 10 TIMES FOR ALARM SYSTEM. LOST THE ALTERNATOR WITHIN 2 MONTHS. NOT BUILT LIKE A ROCK. WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER ASTRO VAN.

A Real Lemon But Love It Anyway!
By Pam Waugh on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

EVERYTHING has been replaced early and often. Maintained by the book at dealership. My 3rd Astro and will likely get another. This must be a lemon but I love it anyway. It's cost a fortune to repair but had extended warranty for alot of the repairs. But can't seem to get out of the dealership for less than $600 a pop. But it's the perfect sized van for my needs! Just wish it was more reliable. Do wish they had a 4th door though.

astro van 1997
By gbsuy on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Very comfortable, only problem I have had is the windshield wipers and a window motor, runs very good

I love this Van
By LMTapia on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I purchased this van with 50,000 miles and now have 184,000 miles and it still runs like new. No slipage in the transmission and no loss of power. I have replaced a few items like water pump and radiator along with 4 brake jobs but at 184,000 miles, not bad at all. This is my second Astro.

I like my car
By Norma A. Padron on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

It is a very spacious car, with great visibility and high. Don't like at times the high because for short and old people it is kind of difficult to get in. Window motors are not too good, both, driver and passenger brake easily and when you need it the most.

Best mini van out there
By babyhewy on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan AWD

This is our second Astro, but first AWD and we think it is great. I am a professional mechanic, and I have been very impressed by the Astro / Safari vans. If you are in the market for a mini van, the AWD is a vrey good choice.

My 1997 Astro
By Carstan on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

Very reliable, lotsa cargo space. Have had it for 5 1/2 years & only major repair has been fuel pump. A couple interior design flaws noted below. No rust, even though driven in sald every winter.

My Astro
By Morasco on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan AWD

Have had hardly any trouble with this van. Rides nice, if you like the truck ride, which I do. Only thing that has been a hassle is the rear door hydraulics last about 1 year only. I was having trouble with the wipers, but that was fixed through a recall.