1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Great Van!
By youngandsons on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CS 3dr Minivan

We bought this van because it has 8 seatbelts instead of the 7 in most mini- vans. We have used it *hard*. We have 6 children and travel a *lot*, yet it has been reliable and serviceable for the entire 7 years we've owned it. We bought it used and made a great purchase.

fuel pressure regulator
By albijon1 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan AWD

thats the only thing that hit me hard on my pockets so far,but built like a rock they didnt say that for nothing

My 2nd Astro
By DJH on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan AWD

My 1st was a 89 w/160000mls. Traded in for my 95. I've put 35,000mls in 2 yrs. This is by far the best van i've owned. Tune ups are tough. Outside of routine stuff & fuel pump, no major mechanical problems. it's got 108,000mls now. I have 6 kids, not too big- not too small. Not a luxo-van, but nice car for the money. Lot's of power and drives nice for a van. Drove to Florida, filled gas in NJ, VA & GA( round trip 3,000mls @ 130 gals.).

I would buy another one
By wlraley on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Bought the Astro new in 1995 and planned to drive it 30K on company business. Things changed and I have it seven years later. I have not done anything to it other than maintenance in 126000 miles. I love sitting up above most other vehicles including the rest of the mini vans. The Astro is responsive and solid and gets great milage on the highway 20mpg. We have camped in it with the back seats out, my son and I have driven it several time to Colorado to ski (just through everything includings downhill skis in the back and go) and I drive it everyday to work Not many vehicles can do all that.

Great Van and not so mini
By Earl Drake on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Great vehicle. I bought it new. Altinator went out at 79K but so what? Good on fuel, good on tires. Can fit 7 people in my van. I paid 21k in 95. This vehicle is the biggest bang for the buck. The 4.3L engine is Chevrolet's best engine. I have a friend that has 237K on his 91 Astro and not problems expect for AC....and normal maintenance stuff.

1995 Chevy Astro Overall Rating
By karday on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

We bought this with 46000 miles. Conversion by Choo Choo. Excellent dealer. Car is smooth and quiet and relatively dependable. Disappointed that the trans went at 140000 as GM's are supposed to be the best. (never had a trans go bad until we were required to change fluids) Great on tires and other maintenance.

Chevy Astro
By MikeL on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan AWD

I have used this vehicle to pull a horse trailer and it has been very reliable. It now has 146000 miles and is still going strong. I have not had to do anything to this vehicle except routine repairs.

The Relialby of This Van
By Jackie 3 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

I've had my van for 4 years and it was purchased with 52,000 miles. My Astro is a very dependable. In the 4 years I have had $150.00 in repairs and the engine has only dropped 1% in compression power from the original power. I have 103,034 miles and I look forward to another 103,000 miles