Used 1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

Great van, I have to say!
By Roger122387

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CS 3dr Minivan

This van has been great for our family since we got it in 1994. Even though it only has barely over 70,000 miles, it is great! We have had very few problems with it. The only problem I can recall is with the brakes. Something kept busting in them, and now I think the problem is coming back. But other than that, everything is great. The front and rear A/C works great!

Favorite Features

I would say everything! Especially the way it holds a lot of people and cargo. It's just a great van!

Suggested Improvements

I would say that Chevy could make better quality brakes. But that's about it.. I've been very happy with it!

Astro AWD
By Cadyman

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Minivan AWD

4.3 engine basically "bullet Proof", good automatic, AWD "sucks" gas. compared with two wheel drive about 5mpg differnce.

Favorite Features

Size, manuverability, scope of vision (seeability)

Recommedation for Astro van
By ntm

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

The Astro van has been a great vehicle for our family. I would highly recommend it for anyone with children. Our current van has taken us just over 205,000 miles in 9 years. It has finally served its usefulness and we are shopping for our second Astro van. Our primary issues had been with the rear A/C malfunctioning twice & had to be replaced twice (the extended warranty paid for itself). It has been exceptionally reliable for us through the years. Thank you, Chevrolet.

Favorite Features

It is hot where we live so front and rear A/C has been a great feature. Load capacity for the family. Seating arrangements.

Suggested Improvements

From what I have seen, many improvements have been made since we bought our Astro van.

Well done
By D.norm Stroup

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Minivan

We purchased this van when our family outgrew our Geo Metro. It has served us well for four years with two and three children under age 5. We have driven it on vaction for over 1000 up to 3000 miles, once a year, with no problems.It has been realativelyeasy to work on for me. I changed the water pump and spark plugs with little mechanical experience and found changing my own oil a simple task. This van has taken it's licks from three wrecks, one slightly major. It protected my young family and after repairs has continued on with only pour repair complaints. I recomend this van for families

Favorite Features

dependable and servicable.

Suggested Improvements

leg room and cup holders

Electrical Problems
By Alissa

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

I have loved this van. However, at about 100,000 miles I began to have electrical problems i.e. turn signal may or may not work, stalled for no reason and would not restart and the fan goes on and off - not fun in hot weather. It only has 125,000 on it and I am going to sell it. I thought I would get about 150,000 to 175,000 out of it.

Favorite Features

Love the height of the van-you can see everything. Driver seat area good. When the fan worked, AC was good for front and the back (dual air)

Suggested Improvements

Definitely leg room front passenger - none at all. Bad for long trips.