1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
95 Astro van
By dougp on 04/26/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

The motor and transmission are rock solid, everything else has broken and had to be fixed, I mean everything- 4 alternators, radiator, rear end, starter, ac blower motor, electric window motors (both), thermostat, waterpump, ac compressor, and about 12 more things that I have forgotten, I have never had a car that was this crappy- but does have a good motor and trans. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the worst front end on any vehicle ever made it eats idler arms and tie rod ends. Other than that it is ok.

Electrical Problems
By Alissa on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

I have loved this van. However, at about 100,000 miles I began to have electrical problems i.e. turn signal may or may not work, stalled for no reason and would not restart and the fan goes on and off - not fun in hot weather. It only has 125,000 on it and I am going to sell it. I thought I would get about 150,000 to 175,000 out of it.

I would buy another one
By wlraley on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Bought the Astro new in 1995 and planned to drive it 30K on company business. Things changed and I have it seven years later. I have not done anything to it other than maintenance in 126000 miles. I love sitting up above most other vehicles including the rest of the mini vans. The Astro is responsive and solid and gets great milage on the highway 20mpg. We have camped in it with the back seats out, my son and I have driven it several time to Colorado to ski (just through everything includings downhill skis in the back and go) and I drive it everyday to work Not many vehicles can do all that.

Great Van and not so mini
By Earl Drake on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Great vehicle. I bought it new. Altinator went out at 79K but so what? Good on fuel, good on tires. Can fit 7 people in my van. I paid 21k in 95. This vehicle is the biggest bang for the buck. The 4.3L engine is Chevrolet's best engine. I have a friend that has 237K on his 91 Astro and not problems expect for AC....and normal maintenance stuff.