1995 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Love that Chevy
By MATT on 08/06/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro CS 3dr Minivan

For a van it has major power, with a rwd transmission (700r4) and a 4.3 L 262 Chevrolet v6 you have to respect this van. And only Chevrolet can deliver a vehicle with great performance and ride comfort. Horse rating at 190; mine has a little more due to some engine work; and torque at 262, this van out performs tons of v6's, some v8's, and a 4 cylinder won't come close to this van's power, great van built by the best motor company ever. Love that Chevy!

1995 Astro Van CS Extended
By Kim on 04/16/06 16:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro CS 3dr Minivan

I bought this van new in 1995 after having two Chrysler "Magic Wagons." The Astro has lots more room, more power, has been much more reliable, and uses no more fuel than my 1993 Grande Voyager did. The only downside is that it is on a truck chassis, so ride and handling is more truck-like than the Chrysler product. The Astro and Safari have taken an undeserved bad rap from some auto mags-just because of the fuel economy-but I have 276,000km on mine, many owners report in excess of 500,000km and still running strong. My two Chrysler vans were falling apart within two years. The Astro has been a much better purchase.

Great van, I have to say!
By Roger122387 on 07/09/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro CS 3dr Minivan

This van has been great for our family since we got it in 1994. Even though it only has barely over 70,000 miles, it is great! We have had very few problems with it. The only problem I can recall is with the brakes. Something kept busting in them, and now I think the problem is coming back. But other than that, everything is great. The front and rear A/C works great!

Great Buy!
By Schumacher on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Astro CS 3dr Minivan

Purchased because of our large family. Needed a vehicle that would hold 8 passengers with no problem. Our van has seen many ball fields & vacations. We've only had a few problems with it. Alternator & fuel pump. We have over 190,000 miles on our van it still runs like the day we bought it. It still averages them same gas mileage now as it did then. This was a great purchase!

Great Van!
By youngandsons on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Astro CS 3dr Minivan

We bought this van because it has 8 seatbelts instead of the 7 in most mini- vans. We have used it *hard*. We have 6 children and travel a *lot*, yet it has been reliable and serviceable for the entire 7 years we've owned it. We bought it used and made a great purchase.