1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Outstanding mechanical quality
By busdriver10 on 06/09/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Minivan

We have owned this van since it was new on '94 and it just passed it's 19th birthday, has 288,000 miles, original engine and drive train. We have pulled camper trailers in 40+ states plus a couple of states without a camper. Only a few drips of oil and still getting just shy of sticker mileage. Too bad they quit making them. Only in the past year did it pop any rust holes but living in the upper Midwest that is fantastic too.

Love our 1994 Chevy Astro
By Katefrom Canada on 05/27/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Ext Minivan

We purchased our van from family, its been in our family since 1995. Our van has over 330,000 Km on it and we love it. So many of our friends want us to buy new cars like them, these are the same friends who call us when their new cars need towed home when they break down. We love our old van, even with the rust.

Buy an Astro
By mom of 7 on 04/30/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Ext Minivan

My mechanic recommended an Astro to me and he did not steer me wrong. My van has been great, dependable easy to work on and easy to find parts. Good quality interior that stood up to being a true soccer team vehicle. 220,000 miles on the original engine and tranny and both still sound great. Plus with the seats out you can put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back.

Reliable large capacity minivan
By Markk on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

AWD extended minivan which has served well hauling kids and dogs on short and long trips and moving furniture in all types of weather. Well powered, Construction is solid. Good sound system and interior quality. No mechanical problems at all in 130,000 miles.

Astro Review
By cindy calhoun on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

purchased as a used vehicle and we love it for family trips, roomy and entertainment for the kids. reliable vehicle. no major problems

ASTROSMASH
By GONNA GET 300K on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

PURCHASED I OWNER ASTRO W/50000 PUT 110000 ON IT SINCE NEVER A MAJOR PROBLEM JUST BRAKES TIRES AND FLUID DID ONE COMPLETE TUNE UP AT 100000 RUNS GREAT CARRIES HEAVY LOADS W/ EASE

Astro Wagon : Reliable and Strong
By Mark Johnson on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Ext Minivan

I bought my Astro LT Wagon new, and have accumulated over 133,000 miles to date. No engine or transmission troubles, no air conditioning problems, only a power window motor and wiper relay have failed in service. This is a great work record, for a reliable and strong van. Plenty of 4.3 V-6 Power for any driving condition too!

mulitple problems
By nelson_c on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

Absolutely no leg room for the front seat passanger. The wipers had several problems mostly stemming from cold solder joints on the control board.(this is a $45 fix from the dealer if you change it yourself) The AC fan switch is under-rated for the blower and burns out often. There is also a check valve for the AC system that plugs up about as often and causes the AC to blow out the heater vent when accelerating or driving above 55 MPH. I have also found out that the front seats do not provide enough back and shoulder support on long trips and there is a sharp edge under the front seat foam that will eventually cut a hole in the driver and front passanger seats.

'94 Astro is Tough
By wkw94astro on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

I've had mine for about 70,000 miles now and only had a couple of significant problems: idler arms, and fuel injection needed repair. Neither left us stranded. It's got lots of room and from what I've seen, they'll run forever. Get a tranny cooler if you tow, or live in a hot climate.

Solid powertrain / Weak electrical
By Techima on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

This Van has never left me stranded. I played in a band and used this vehicle to tow 4000lbs of equipment for 40,000 miles. Ive had to replace the AC compressor because of GM's poor quality. The electrical system is now going a little haywire and the plastic AC vents break easy. The rearview mirror falls off every winter. Some of the power locks will not lock.