Used 1993 Chevrolet Astro CL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

Most Helpful|
Awesome Van!
By Mel

1993 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 2nd Astro both have been great! This one now has 200,000 miles and going strong. Typical minor repairs have been done over the years. Nothing out of the ordinary. Hubby's NEW car has had more repairs in 1yr than mine has had in 5! I get great mileage too on this van. about 24 on the highway 19 in town.

Favorite Features

Love the way it handles/drives. Size is perfect for what I use it for. Love the rear AC. Also love the dependability of this van!

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.

Great Grocery Getter
By Bonneluvr

1993 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

My Astro has been a great vehicle. Other than the idler arms needing replacement at 50k miles (typical for that vehicle), the only major repair was an alternator at 80k. With 105k on it now and no rust, it still looks and drives wonderfully. I've had the carpet covered since it was new so you'd never know this van was 10 years old.

Favorite Features

Drives smoothly down the road and handles very well for a somewhat larger minivan. The body style has not become too outdated and you still see a lot of this style on the road. Very dependable!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders by the dash are poorly designed. The dash overhangs the area and only small drink cups/cans will fit. They're also not deep enough. During a quick turn, they can tip out. Door panel may come loose from being parked in the sun and vinyl shrinks.

Please Die, I wan't a newer one!
By Jim

1993 Chevrolet Astro Minivan CL 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought because kids were fighting in car and needed more cargo space. Will tow anything, have taken seats out and put a cord of firewood, 30 sheets of plywood, dirtbikes, snowblower, appliances, you name it for the cottage. Will get 25 mpg at 60mph, one set of tires, brakes, shocks, and a muffler in 70,000 miles. Started outright dying on me 3 years ago, (got very excited) but only turned out to be a $11 pulse generator in the distributor. Sounds like a stagecoach on rough roads. I am trying to kill it by not changing the oil, 20,000 miles have gone by, why won't it die? I really wan't to buy a newer AWD model, but this one is worth nothing to trade in.I would buy again in a heartbeat!

Favorite Features

Reliabilty, simplicity, great fuel economy for a big towing vehicle, seats 8, cheap to buy.

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation, better attachment and cushioning of interior parts