1993 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Please Die, I wan't a newer one!
By Jim on 11/10/08 08:33 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought because kids were fighting in car and needed more cargo space. Will tow anything, have taken seats out and put a cord of firewood, 30 sheets of plywood, dirtbikes, snowblower, appliances, you name it for the cottage. Will get 25 mpg at 60mph, one set of tires, brakes, shocks, and a muffler in 70,000 miles. Started outright dying on me 3 years ago, (got very excited) but only turned out to be a $11 pulse generator in the distributor. Sounds like a stagecoach on rough roads. I am trying to kill it by not changing the oil, 20,000 miles have gone by, why won't it die? I really wan't to buy a newer AWD model, but this one is worth nothing to trade in.I would buy again in a heartbeat!

Awesome Van!
By Mel on 12/07/05 13:43 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 2nd Astro both have been great! This one now has 200,000 miles and going strong. Typical minor repairs have been done over the years. Nothing out of the ordinary. Hubby's NEW car has had more repairs in 1yr than mine has had in 5! I get great mileage too on this van. about 24 on the highway 19 in town.

Great Grocery Getter
By Bonneluvr on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

My Astro has been a great vehicle. Other than the idler arms needing replacement at 50k miles (typical for that vehicle), the only major repair was an alternator at 80k. With 105k on it now and no rust, it still looks and drives wonderfully. I've had the carpet covered since it was new so you'd never know this van was 10 years old.