1993 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
DON'T DO IT!
By goodlife on 06/13/11 13:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Ext Minivan

Terrible terrible terrible! Wish I'd researched a little more before purchasing! Granted, a 1993 can't be expected to be stellar. That said, I didn't know a used car could be this awful! My Subaru with 260,000 miles has always run like a champ with routine oil changes and a few small things here and there, so I assumed I would be as lucky with this van. Not so! It only has 140,000 miles, purchased with 133,000. I've already put thousands into it and just trying to get rid of it now.

Fine van
By blinky on 08/15/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Ext Minivan

I rescued this astro van ext from the yard of my neighbor after he died. It was not driven for three years. I replaced two freeze plugs changed the oil cleaned her up and put it on the road. It drives and handles great. Here's the kicker, it has 260,956 miles and can out run my 1993 Toyota corolla. I love this van.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Calanthe42 on 04/13/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Minivan

This little truck has 165,000 now and the only major money ever spent was when the A/C went out (while towing a U-haul). All I have ever had to do is regular oil changes and maintenance. Dependable to a fault. This truck made 10 trips hauling trailers between Atlanta and New Orleans after Katrina. My house was a total loss but the Astro was something I could depend on. Unless you have ever been in that position, you have no idea how important such dependability is. I would strike out across country in this without a worry. I will keep this until the wheels fall off...and then buy new wheels.

Please Die, I wan't a newer one!
By Jim on 11/10/08 08:33 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought because kids were fighting in car and needed more cargo space. Will tow anything, have taken seats out and put a cord of firewood, 30 sheets of plywood, dirtbikes, snowblower, appliances, you name it for the cottage. Will get 25 mpg at 60mph, one set of tires, brakes, shocks, and a muffler in 70,000 miles. Started outright dying on me 3 years ago, (got very excited) but only turned out to be a $11 pulse generator in the distributor. Sounds like a stagecoach on rough roads. I am trying to kill it by not changing the oil, 20,000 miles have gone by, why won't it die? I really wan't to buy a newer AWD model, but this one is worth nothing to trade in.I would buy again in a heartbeat!

Awesome Van!
By Mel on 12/07/05 13:43 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 2nd Astro both have been great! This one now has 200,000 miles and going strong. Typical minor repairs have been done over the years. Nothing out of the ordinary. Hubby's NEW car has had more repairs in 1yr than mine has had in 5! I get great mileage too on this van. about 24 on the highway 19 in town.

Excellent
By tuck on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Ext Minivan

I have drove ths van for 10 years and have never had any maintance but normal oil change, tires. Was extremely impressed when I recently was in an accident with the front end and also rear-ended. Strenght of van saved my life in the 50 mph crash. Front end tore off but barely into radiator. Highly recommand this vehicle in every way!

Great Grocery Getter
By Bonneluvr on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

My Astro has been a great vehicle. Other than the idler arms needing replacement at 50k miles (typical for that vehicle), the only major repair was an alternator at 80k. With 105k on it now and no rust, it still looks and drives wonderfully. I've had the carpet covered since it was new so you'd never know this van was 10 years old.

93 chevy astro
By tazbuster on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Ext Minivan

As you can tell from the milage this van did not set in the repair shop often. This has been a car I could always count on and gives me 21 miles to the gallon on the hiway. I know that's hard to believe but I custom ordered it with a towing package and a lower ratio rear end with positraction. living in western new york (Buffalo) I have never gotten stuck in the snow.

Old Bertha's still going
By Gus1960 on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Ext Minivan

We have had Bertha for eight years. She has hauled, kids, dogs, lumber, trash and everything in between without complaint. She has over 170000 miles on her. We plan to keep her till the wheels fall off.

hard to service
By bvinton on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

to change spark plugs pull tires off for 2 ,then two through hood, 2 through inside engine hood. mechanics hate them because you cant get to any thing on the engine,150 dollars for labor to put manifold gasket in.doesnt have half the passing power of my 6 cylinder dodge caravan.would never purchase another one