Used 1990 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

My Astro Van
By JJones3

1990 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Minivan AWD

I have driven my Astro since I bought it new in 1990. Drove it on a trip the next day for 1500 miles and have loved this van ever since. I now have 193,000 miles on it and have only done routine mechanical for it. AWD has saved my bacon a few times. It now gets about 22 to 24 miles to the gallon on the hwy so I just can't let go of it.

AWD, overall size of inside, easy in and out of the seats when I need to use it as a truck.

Same as everyone else put the wheelwells somewhere else not next to driver's leg.

The best value!!!
By Marge Williams

1990 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Ext Minivan

I bought my Astro new. The biggest repair I have ever had on the van was the locks failing. All I have had to do is normal repairs. The back door just failed last year at 185,000 miles. I havent had it fixed. It almost has 200,000 miles on it and I still has get up and go. It doesnt run like it has 198,500 miles on it. I'm looking at getting a newer one.

love the layout. Easy to maintain

Move the air filter to make it easier to replace. Now it takes about 45 minutes to replace. Change the type of paint use.

Good van
By J.C.

1990 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Minivan

I have had my Astro for 8 years now. It has been a really great car. I bought it reconditioned after a wreck, and it still has been great. This year it burned a valve in the head of the engine and is running rougher; however, my father likes it so much he said he'll keep it and put in a newer engine.

I like the space for hauling people or stuff. I also like the go-power in the engine.

The door handles are coming off on two of the doors. (I have a friend who had the same problem with one of his astro doors.) So, better handles would be an improvement.

Good van
By j.c.

1990 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Minivan

Love my Astro
By Bev Burger

1990 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Minivan AWD

I bought my Astro new off the lot with 40 miles on it. I now have over 221,000 miles on it. I have traveled all over the U.S. in my van, I pull a 1968, 16ft camper with it, it takes me up to the ski resorts in the winter and drives me on the beach at the ocean. I love my van. Even if I get something else to drive I plan to keep my little van.

The style from 12 years ago hasn't changed so drastic that it doesn't look outdated.

Passenger leg room could improve and more durable door handles