Used 1990 Chevrolet Astro CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

good van
By brad

1990 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

I have this van for over 8 years, I bought it with 160,000 miles on it tranny went out at 245,000 same with fuel pump alternator went out at 250,000 I drove this van till 600,000 on thrid tranny had a few minor problems, I sold it to buy one with less mileage, my friend bought this van and has been driving it for two years

Favorite Features

ok on gas and power good engine still strong at 600,000

Suggested Improvements

trannys only last about 240,000

ASTRO Love
By David Rosa

1990 Chevrolet Astro CL 3dr Ext Minivan

Our Astro proved highly function for our family. Camping, Towing, travel across the country, cargo mover. The 4.3L engine was just right. The size is excellent, most mini vans are really to small. My duaghter is about to inherit the Astro van as her first car. I do wish general motors would take the details a more seriously. This was the 1st year they built the passenger EXT version and the rear heater had to be disconnected about the 5th yr of ownership.

Favorite Features

Interior Room, removeable bench seats, height of vehicle, rear heater, 4.3L engine, ground clearance. This a right sixed vehicle for Families everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Real commitment to interior details and control switches so that they last for ten years. headlights that actually light up the road with low beam. Rear bench should be extremely easy to remove. Fog lamps could use better protection.