great car
By tommyycar on
2013 Cadillac XTS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I like to wait until I have driven a new car for a thousand miles before I review it. I must say that this car is a dreamboat! It has been written about as the new definition of the American luxury car, and I think that that is apt. It is not an attempt at a European or Japanese clone. It's its own thing, and I like it a lot. It's big enough to feel luxurious but not so big it feels clunky on the road. It's great to drive. I traded my 2012 BMW X5 for this ( I hated the electronic shifter in the BMW) and before that I had a Lexus LS460. I like this Cadillac far better than either of these.
Favorite Features
My absolute favorite feature is the noise canceling Bose sound system. I have never had a quieter car than this one, and for the first time ever I can actually hear and enjoy the premium sound system. I like classical music, and I can set the volume at normal levels and still hear all the soft passages clearly. It's remarkable! These are also the most comfortable seats I've experienced in a Cadillac.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the depth of tutorials on the included iPad to make them more interactive. I would make them work just like the system does on the car so that when I screw something up in navigation, etc., it will let me do that and then tell me how to fix it. Right now the tutorials, although helpful, just let you follow the preset path.