Platinum FWD--A Real Delight
By rgj21 on
2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I took delivery of my XTS Platinum FWD in Sapphire Blue Metallic on May 11. I must say that I become more pleased with the vehicle everyday. I have owned a Lexus LS, a Jaguar XJ and a Mercedes CLS and the XTS compares very favorably with each of those luxury vehicles. GM has finally met the challenge of the German and Japanese luxury vehicles with interior materials, fit and finish and technology second to none. I seriously evaluated 11 other cars and SUVs before this purchase and could not escape from the fact that dollar for dollar the XTS was the best value in its class. It is a pleasure to drive, performs beautifully and has that head-turning quotient.
Favorite Features
I love the interior. The leather seats are a little stiff but they are coming around already. The materials used in the interior are comparable to those used in the Lexus LS. Just beautifully crafted. Nothing that looks or feels cheap. Just the way Cadillac was in the old days. The CUE system is a little quirky and needs improvement but I like it and am adapting well to it. The array of features it has is very broad and it takes time just to adapt to all of them but it is a very powerful information and entertainment system. The touchscreen needs a little work as noted below.
Suggested Improvements
Future refinements of the CUE system must make it more like the touchscreen devices we all use in our daily lives. The current version is not quite like this. The station favorite buttons simply don't respond the way an Ipad or Iphone does. Sometimes an upward swipe works but I would rate these buttons on the lowest area of the screen as quirky at best. I find that I am relying on voice commands much more than I have with prior vehicles because of this. Bluetooth seems to take a long time to connect to my phone There must be some compartment within the vehicle that can be locked. Not sure how or why they missed this. Also the CD player location in the glove box is inconvenient.