2013 Cadillac XTS Consumer Review: Gas nozzle clicks off continuo

2013 Cadillac XTS - Consumer Review

Luxury Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Gas nozzle clicks off continuously
By hampstead on

2013 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Cadillac's a 2010 SRX cap gas tank and a 2013 XTS a cap less design and yet I can't fill them both up at the same gas station because the nozzle repeatedly clicks off. After I contacted the dealer, and GM TAC I was told that it's operating as designed. Dealer and GM smart guys say it's the station pump pressure and the vapor bellows on the nozzle and go to other gas stations .. real nice solution!

I love my 2013 XTS .. I just can't pump gas into at all stations. I've found that there are two types of bellows/evaporator boots on the end of the nozzles .. a smaller one without a hole in the rubber and a larger boot with a finger size hole made by Husky. Gas stations with the smaller boot - I have no problems .. a station with the larger boot and the hole .. the nozzle clicks off.I feel that there is design defect in the tank neck. How does the SRX and XTS tank neck compare .. size and turns .. something is designed wrong!

In 2012 the government ruled that gas stations no longer need to add these evap boots on the end of the nozzle. Look at the end of the nozzle .. there's a ring and then search the web for nozzles getting stuck .. when stations remove the evap boot the nozzle has to go deeper into the neck (less boot resistance) and thus would increase the potential of getting stuck... did GM designers consider this??I feel that GM has a design or manufacturing defect somewhere is my XTS that in view of other problems GM is having now - just don't what to dig into a solution for me.