Used 2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

I really can't wait to get rid of this thing
By ben basnett

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Warranty claims include the following: A/C - has been "fixed" 5 times HEATED SEATS - 2 times (once where they won't turn off, and now they just don't work) TIRE LEAKAGE - too many times to count. And, NO, not when it's only cold outside - ALWAYS SUNROOF - has dislodged twice and been repaired LIGHTS - Exterior failure REMOTE START - fail SHUT OFF ENGINE - fail Outside mirrors - fail GLOVEBOX - yes, even the glovebox. Drops out of its place and lands on floor (3X has been repaired) **** These are just a few warranty claims. There are others. In addition, the cue system sucks. Navigation sucks. Falls out of sync with phone. Have BEGGED dealership to take me out of lease. Not happening. I tell EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN to run from Cadillac... RUN!

AMERICAN LUXURY
By Michael deLeon

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing Toyotas for years we decided to buy American. We are very pleased with the luxury of the XTS. It is by far the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. This is a great car for "empty nesters" and receives plenty of compliments wherever we take it. We did not by the XTS for performance and although it does not have the horsepower to launch at intersections, I am pleasantly surprised at how well the XTS corners and steers. This introductory model had a couple recalls when we first bought it as I would expect any new model would have. Since then, the XTS has been wonderful. The four year bumper to bumper warranty is awesome. If you are in your middle age years and want to buy American then this vehicle is the one to buy. The CUE system took some time to get use to since I was used to knobs and buttons on all my previous cars. The voice recognition software works well for a truly hands free entertainment control. Load up your SD disk and insert it into the slot and you have all the music you ever need for a road trip. The best feature of all the electronic marvels this car has is the back up camera with motion prediction. This is awesome in parallel parking. Just put it in reverse, turn the steering wheel to line up your path and back into your spot. If you want American luxury at its best, convenience, and reliability (especially with the warranty) this is the car to purchase.

CUE the chorus, "We Love Our XTS VSport Platinum!"
By NormV

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The XTS VSport Platinum impresses everyone insight or it. It has the fuel economy on the highway(32.2 mpg, two way average for 6 hours each direction with cruise set at 65 mph), beautiful ride, but firm enough to throw it into a turn and the hydraulic steering holds the intended course. The power is phenomenal and always available when you need it. The amenities are the cherry on the cake, including the flawless CUE. Currently working on an ecu tune close to 550 lb-ft through it's AWD. The fiancÚ says, "it just goes!".

WASTE OF MONEY
By benjamin776

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The worst car I have ever had. 12 warranty claims in 24 months. Dealer wont allow me out of lease. Would never buy another Cadillac ever.

Have never heard of a car requiring a software update to operate properly. Excessive road noise, sunroof breaks, tires leak air, glove box falls out, mirrors broke, etc., etc.

Follow up to my September 2014 review
By gjohn1964

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Please see my email below. While I will never argue this is not a beautiful car, I must give it poor marks for reliability. For the third time, the rear suspension has collapsed. While my local service department is helpful and sympathetic, this is a defective car. I'm hoping Cadillac does the right thing and relieves me of the remaining months on my lease and takes the 2013 XTS Luxury edition back. Cadillac, please do the right thing.

Nothing new to report since last report in September of 2014

Please recognize this particular unit is defective. Thanks.

• SUV