2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:
2013 XTS Luxury Edition
By gjohn1964 on 09/25/14 07:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a beautiful design inside and out. I have had problems. The car came without wheel locks which led to my rims being stolen 3 months into my lease. On two occasions the rear suspension has dropped, literally bottomed out. The local dealer was kind but not equipped with the training to deal this problem. Third time, they replaced rear compressor which seems to have done the trick. At 24,000 miles, one of the battery cables became completely corroded. Is technology taxing the battery too much? Great car on the road, but leaving someone stranded three times in less than 18 months won't win reliability points. I hope the kinks are out in 2014. Nothing rides like a Cadillac.

Gas nozzle clicks off continuously
By hampstead on 06/26/14 07:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have two Cadillac's a 2010 SRX cap gas tank and a 2013 XTS a cap less design and yet I can't fill them both up at the same gas station because the nozzle repeatedly clicks off. After I contacted the dealer, and GM TAC I was told that it's operating as designed. Dealer and GM smart guys say it's the station pump pressure and the vapor bellows on the nozzle and go to other gas stations .. real nice solution!

One year review
By tommyycar on 01/10/14 13:11 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive this car. It is just the right size to give comfort while being small enough to be able to maneuver. The vehicle is great. The CUE electronics are horrible, however. Why is it that some engineer decided that a sleek touch pad appearance trumped function? I have learned, after difficulty with the touch, that the system (like an Ipad) does not respond well to fingertip touch but instead needed a finger pad touch. Okay on an Ipad, but awkward at best while driving. Certain things, like climate control and radio controls, just are easier with knobs. Also, voice recognition is terrible. I was told the noise canceling system interferes.

Excellent Machine
By alexblackhawke on 01/09/14 07:13 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new in Ohio while on vacation and drove back to Las Vegas. Averaged 28 MPG for the entire trip and was impressed with the long range comfort and handling. It won't burn off the 20" tires but lots more available acceleration than what was needed. All of the interior appointments are top quality and once you get used to the electronics, easy to adjust through the CUE system. After three months, had glove box closure issue and the dealer just replaced the entire mechanical and electronic component to repair.

xts first ride review
By ofcc63 on 09/12/13 18:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

purchased 2013 xts premium 500 miles ago, so far so good. inside all materials are of premium quality. cue system was a little tough, now very user friendly, very quiet and stable ride, and i feel it has plenty of power, i don't see where you would need more performance. it really gets up and goes, and am getting 28-30 mpg highway. have had many new vehicles in past 5 years, and this is as good or better than any hi line import vehicle including mercedes or audi. technology is far better than any, and the price for what it is, is a real bargain hands down. if you are looking for a great deal best car in the segment, drove all competitors.

XTS Review
By frothacker on 07/10/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most uncomfortable full size Cadillac I have ever owned. The ride is stiff and hard and the seats are not comfortable. I owned four large Cadillacs previously which I really enjoyed. This new XTS is terrible. I will ever buy another Cadillac. Ergonomics need much improvement. The CUE system is cumbersome and you must take your eyes off the road too frequently.

wont start
By cappy12 on 05/30/13 03:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

after sitting for 4-6 days the battery goes completely dead. dealer says nothing wrong . after returning from a 7 day vacation the battery goes completely dead. I have no faith in this car and am afraid to park for a few days . the dealer charges the battery, I could do that. gm is still the leader in unreliability ,don't buy this car until they come up with a fix for the cue. I believe this is a lemon

Platinum FWD--A Real Delight
By rgj21 on 05/23/13 13:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery of my XTS Platinum FWD in Sapphire Blue Metallic on May 11. I must say that I become more pleased with the vehicle everyday. I have owned a Lexus LS, a Jaguar XJ and a Mercedes CLS and the XTS compares very favorably with each of those luxury vehicles. GM has finally met the challenge of the German and Japanese luxury vehicles with interior materials, fit and finish and technology second to none. I seriously evaluated 11 other cars and SUVs before this purchase and could not escape from the fact that dollar for dollar the XTS was the best value in its class. It is a pleasure to drive, performs beautifully and has that head-turning quotient.

New vehicle same old GM
By richzand on 04/10/13 09:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

9 trips back to the dealer since July. The cue system seams to have problems that GM doesn't have fixes for, they should have worked all the gremlins out of the system before releasing this car.

Complete Lemon
By richzand on 04/10/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a very bad back so I always drive a big heavy car. The XTS has coach work 2nd to none. The problem is I've had the car back to the dealer nine times. Service is supposed to be available at your preferred dealer. But if you have a legitimate problem, and the dealer doesn't have a fix they will blow you off because you aren't going to give them a perfect survey. I'm currently on my 3rd dealer. Getting Cadillac involved doesn't help they tell you dealers can refuse service if they choose to. I bought my car in July, and to date the vehicle will unlock the doors at least 25% of the time. When you are trying to get out the power seats, and mirrors will start moving. No heat, at times. Bad

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Cadillac XTS Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*