Used 2013 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac XTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

CUE the chorus, "We Love Our XTS VSport Platinum!"
By NormV

2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The XTS VSport Platinum impresses everyone insight or it. It has the fuel economy on the highway(32.2 mpg, two way average for 6 hours each direction with cruise set at 65 mph), beautiful ride, but firm enough to throw it into a turn and the hydraulic steering holds the intended course. The power is phenomenal and always available when you need it. The amenities are the cherry on the cake, including the flawless CUE. Currently working on an ecu tune close to 550 lb-ft through it's AWD. The fiancÚ says, "it just goes!".

WASTE OF MONEY
By benjamin776

2013 Cadillac XTS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The worst car I have ever had. 12 warranty claims in 24 months. Dealer wont allow me out of lease. Would never buy another Cadillac ever.

Have never heard of a car requiring a software update to operate properly. Excessive road noise, sunroof breaks, tires leak air, glove box falls out, mirrors broke, etc., etc.

Follow up to my September 2014 review
By gjohn1964

2013 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Please see my email below. While I will never argue this is not a beautiful car, I must give it poor marks for reliability. For the third time, the rear suspension has collapsed. While my local service department is helpful and sympathetic, this is a defective car. I'm hoping Cadillac does the right thing and relieves me of the remaining months on my lease and takes the 2013 XTS Luxury edition back. Cadillac, please do the right thing.

Nothing new to report since last report in September of 2014

Please recognize this particular unit is defective. Thanks.

Great Car!
By terryauto

2013 Cadillac XTS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Gosh I love this car! This is one of the best cars I have owned and I have owned everything from a Chevrolet, Honda, Nissan, Lexus, Mercedes, Volvo, BMW and so on. The overall style and ergonomics really fit what I was looking for and I looked at many cars to compare for this purchase from Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Lincoln. I read all the reviews and while some I agree with and some i disagree with, that is why they make so many brands and models. As far as the CUE system, it took a little time to get the hang of it, but when you do it works great! Some critics say the car is under powered and they need to get a life, you want that much power, buy a sports car, this is luxury!

The CUE system, Heads Up Display, Interior Ambient Lighting, expandable seat and the Look in Black with the Carmel interior! True heartbreaker! Also the Quality Level! I am very picky and own classic cars and this car has been flawless in fit and finish and high quality materials, while loaded with Technology! I looked at many brands and some technology in some high end brands are behind the times!

Soften the seats a tad and level out the side bolsters, this is not a Corvette!

2013 XTS Luxury Edition
By gjohn1964

2013 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a beautiful design inside and out. I have had problems. The car came without wheel locks which led to my rims being stolen 3 months into my lease. On two occasions the rear suspension has dropped, literally bottomed out. The local dealer was kind but not equipped with the training to deal this problem. Third time, they replaced rear compressor which seems to have done the trick. At 24,000 miles, one of the battery cables became completely corroded. Is technology taxing the battery too much? Great car on the road, but leaving someone stranded three times in less than 18 months won't win reliability points. I hope the kinks are out in 2014. Nothing rides like a Cadillac.

I love the CUE! The technology works well. Being able to call OnStar and have an address or location downloaded to your car is amazing. No stopping at side of road in a strange neighborhood to type in an address. The comfort and leg room of this car is like nothing in its class. I love the black diamond paint job. With tan leather, the car sticks out in an understated way, if that makes sense.

This car has first year kinks in it. There is a problem with the rear suspension. I could not get anyone from Cadillac to call me back with this unheard of problem. The tow truck drivers seem to know about it. There is an annoying squeak in the trunk area that dealer cannot pin down. Despite all of this, I will take a good look at twin turbo XTS when my lease is up.