2008 Cadillac XLR Consumer Review: All smiles

2008 Cadillac XLR - Consumer Review

All smiles
By Scott Leyva on

2008 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love my XLR-V and it makes me happy to get behind the wheel. It has had its share of problems including a leaky radiator and a bad supercharger air pump that started making groaning noises. It is definitely high maintenance including light bulb replacement that took the dealership one hour to get to it to replace. Also, one time the top stopped half way and we had to use the key in the bumper to get it closed manually. It never happened again so the car has its own personality. This car is red and draws a crowd wherever I go! Not even my 95 Jaguar XJS, which I traded in, drew this much attention from young and old alike. I just hope it is lower maintenance than the Jaguar!

The exterior styling! Nearly everyone turns their head when I go by. You cannot be anonymous. It looks fabulous top up or down. It also handles great on the highway, even though it can scare you if you are not used to that much power. The stereo is also terrific!

A little more cargo space would be nice, especially inside, but it is what it is. Also, the cruise control is a little archaic, but Cadillac changed that in 2009.