2007 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XLR model:
Review and a question about transmission
By Ron Conrad on 06/29/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac XLR Convertible Passion Red Limited Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I previously owned an SL-320, then picked up an 07 XLR while in Fla. this winter. I love it, think it is drop- dead beautiful. Averaged 27 mpg coming up 95 at 75 mph. I've noticed a random clunk in the transmission when moving in slow traffic at about 18 mph. Anyone else notice this? Only happens when very slow stop and go situations. This is a more luxurious car than my 97 SL was. Any input about the transmission would help. Ron

Nothing turns heads like a red Cadillac
By Lance Elliott on 03/05/08 19:53 PM (PST)

Having owned many new Cadillac's I dreamed of an XLR since they first hit the market in 2004. I can say with my XLR it has been a love/hate relationship, with love still winning over my hate of some issues with the car.

I love it
By Bernie on 12/20/07 23:42 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I spent a long time deciding whether I wanted to spend the money for this car. Strange as it may seem, I also considered the Saturn Sky which is a terrific looking car. I've owned a convertible before and knew that if I ever owned one again it would have to have a power hard top with a glass rear window. The XLR looks great and is fun to drive. Gas mileage on the highway has been far better than expected too!

It's a Wow!
By Bonnie Hudson on 03/07/07 11:53 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac XLR Convertible Platinum Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

What a fabulous looking car! I had five Jags before this one and they can't compare to the new XLR. It has a beautifully appointed interior with burled Ash wood trim, leather that is color co-ordinated with exterior and interior and a suede headliner. It runs like a dream and does everything for you, especially the adaptive cruise control which means you can literally take your foot off the pedals. I LOVE the way the hard-top folds (like a piece of origami) into the trunk. I also love the color (a subtle purple), the automatic locking doors on both sides, and the heads-up driving feature is just fabulous! It's made so beautifully. This car simply has it all!

XLR Update
By twathen on 08/13/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

The Cadillac XLR is the most enjoyable and fascinating auto I've ever owned, including Ferrari and Mercedes. It is responsive and truly a quality built auto. It is the best vehicle ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.