Used 2007 Cadillac XLR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Xlr - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac XLR

View reviews for a specific XLR model:

Review and a question about transmission
By Ron Conrad

2007 Cadillac XLR Passion Red Limited Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I previously owned an SL-320, then picked up an 07 XLR while in Fla. this winter. I love it, think it is drop- dead beautiful. Averaged 27 mpg coming up 95 at 75 mph. I've noticed a random clunk in the transmission when moving in slow traffic at about 18 mph. Anyone else notice this? Only happens when very slow stop and go situations. This is a more luxurious car than my 97 SL was. Any input about the transmission would help. Ron

Favorite Features

Body style, handling and mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have a real spare tire, those run-flats are going to beat it to death, VERY harsh tires.

Nothing turns heads like a red Cadillac
By Lance Elliott

2007 Cadillac XLR Passion Red Limited Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned many new Cadillac's I dreamed of an XLR since they first hit the market in 2004. I can say with my XLR it has been a love/hate relationship, with love still winning over my hate of some issues with the car.

Favorite Features

Stunning good looks! Fun to play with the Europeans at red lights and leave them in the rearview mirror! Always a conversation starter at the gas station. People just love this car. The XLR seems to have a soul and personality, not just be "a car".

Suggested Improvements

Cadillac is on top of their game again, but need to realize quaity is paramount!

I love it
By Bernie

2007 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I spent a long time deciding whether I wanted to spend the money for this car. Strange as it may seem, I also considered the Saturn Sky which is a terrific looking car. I've owned a convertible before and knew that if I ever owned one again it would have to have a power hard top with a glass rear window. The XLR looks great and is fun to drive. Gas mileage on the highway has been far better than expected too!

Favorite Features

The hardtop, the power trunk, headsup display, voice recognition for many features, GPS, refrigerated seats, lots of trunk space if the to is up, rain-sensing wipers, run-flat tires, distance-sensing cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Some features from our Cadillac DTS should be on the XLR, like turn signals on the outside mirrors and the garage door opener should be as easy to train as in the DTS. Wish voice recognition let you change radio volume and maybe stations, and ,mute the radio.

It's a Wow!
By Bonnie Hudson

2007 Cadillac XLR Platinum Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

What a fabulous looking car! I had five Jags before this one and they can't compare to the new XLR. It has a beautifully appointed interior with burled Ash wood trim, leather that is color co-ordinated with exterior and interior and a suede headliner. It runs like a dream and does everything for you, especially the adaptive cruise control which means you can literally take your foot off the pedals. I LOVE the way the hard-top folds (like a piece of origami) into the trunk. I also love the color (a subtle purple), the automatic locking doors on both sides, and the heads-up driving feature is just fabulous! It's made so beautifully. This car simply has it all!

Favorite Features

The folding hardtop, heads-up display, adaptive cruise control, Liquid Amethyst color, look of the car, how it uses regular gas, automatic locking doors, and push-button ignition.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the hands-free, built in phone that Jaguar has, rather than OnStar

XLR Update
By twathen

2007 Cadillac XLR Passion Red Limited Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The Cadillac XLR is the most enjoyable and fascinating auto I've ever owned, including Ferrari and Mercedes. It is responsive and truly a quality built auto. It is the best vehicle ever owned.

Favorite Features

The top and electronics.

Suggested Improvements

A glass panelled roof would be nice