2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XLR model:
I'm Lovin' It
By XLRer8 on 08/24/06 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with my Cadillac XLR! It is a real head turner. Every hotel or restaurant I take it to parks it in the front. I'm a big guy and fit into it with no problems. I wish I had waited for the V-series though. In twelve months I have only seen three others on the road. There is millions of Mercedes SL500s out there, but very few of these.

Fits like a glove, smooth and sexy
By TerryLee on 05/30/06 23:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac XLR is a fine, classic car for ladies. It has power when needed with just a touch on the gas pedal. It rides smooth and sleek. It has the look and makes a lady look good. It's sexy. It fits me like a fine, leather glove. I love the hard top. This car has plenty of trunk space for my expensive luggage for a week's trip, even in golc weather. It's technically sleek. Its speakers surround you with sound. And, a ride under the stars on a warm, summer night will knock your socks off.

2006 XLR
By G G Johnston on 12/27/05 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the finest car I have ever owned. The styling and performance are equal to the Mercedes-Benz SL500 but about $25,000 dollars less. It should be recognized by more auto writers as a superb vehicle.

Great car
By kervin on 12/26/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac XLR is a much beter car than the Lexus SC430 that I traded in. I love the interior design, it has just the right amount of wood to vinyl to aluminum trim. This cash has much superior technology to the Lexus SC430, HUD, cruise control, FOB, magnetic ride control, and the Northstar engine technology.

My new 2006 XLR
By caddyguy on 12/10/05 02:51 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased my first new car in my 55 years. I will update this as time passes, but I am pumped about the XLR. It is stunningly beautiful top up or down, and quick and sure on the road. I am hard pressed to understand the marginal reviews of the interior - I find the appointments commensurate for a rig in this price range. The seats adjust to dreamy perfection, the lights and overall vision are excellent. Not being a computer geek type, it is going to take some time to adapt to all the 170 voice commands the car responds to. The hands free phone was a hit with me right off, as is the free OnStar for a year, and XM radio for three months.

A $75,000 Lemon
By PJSpina on 11/22/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After three repairs for a non-operative roof (the sensors went bad three times) my 2006 Cadillac XLR has an engine knock. It was diagnosed by the dealer as "inappropriate spark detonation" the problem has still not been solved even after three more visits to the dealer and a "site visit" by Cadillac's engineer. The car has been out of service for nearly a month since I purchase it, with no end in sight. I also own a new Cadillac STS, and there is no comparison between the cars. It is a shame that Cadillac cannot seem to get it right. Next time, it'll be a Mercedes-Benz SL500.

Star Black
By Jay on 10/16/05 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible Star Black Limited Edition 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in Cathedral City, CA and drove it cross country to FL. What a joy! The handling and ride were outstanding. This is my dream car, I can't even imagine anything topping it, although I am sure they will in years to come.

Outstanding Value
By Jon on 09/20/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

Having just purchased a 2006 Cadillac XLR Limited Edition model...it has lived up to or surpassed my expectations. It has a wonderful ride and much more storage than I would have expected. It's a true pleasure to drive. It's definitely not your Daddy's Caddy!

2006 Cadillac XLR
By John on 07/20/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Cadillac XLR has no truck room. I parked the car in Soho, NYC to see people's reaction on a Sunday afternoon. 30% of people stopped to look at the car and some took out their phone camera. It drives like a GM car, it does not have stiff handling. At high speed I want the stiffness.

XLR Turns Heads
By wily on 07/07/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The XLR is the perfect car to cruise the boulevard and turn heads from young and old alike. We just like to drive around and watch people watch us. So many come up to us when parked that we have made new friends all up and down the east coast. It sounds like a hot rod and doesn't disappoint on performance. The car has all the luxury features one could ask for though cabin storage is really non-existant.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.