2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XLR model:
Truly a beautiful boulevard cruiser!
By 06 XLR on 08/09/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The XLR has stunning looks inside and out. So many features. Love the retractable hardtop. With the top up, you have no idea you are in a roadster! It is so quiet. No problems with the car so far . Purchased on 7-8- 09 with 7295 miles. It is quite different from our 07 Corvette. We considered a 2010 Camaro...love the exterior looks, but inside was a disappointment (seats, dash, short windshield). Back to the XLR..CD player has awesome sound...love the cooled seats. Think this will be a collectible car. Got this like new 06 for about half of the original list. My wife says the car is "cool"!

Good Looking junk
By bignickja on 06/29/09 23:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine off showroom floor for 83,000 dollars to go with my vette and escalade yes I owed gm a lot, best and worst car I've ever owned, great headturner, fun to drive, ALWAYS IN SHOP, I mean ALWAYS in my 40 months of owning it was in shop 33 times from headlights to horns to rubber fading, trans, water pump, oil pump, compressor, tire gauge, throttlebody, trunk, foglights, visors, radio replaced, navigation, radiator, blown speaker, push button door entry, lights on dash blown, periscope wheel, heads up display, wiper pump, rusted tailpipes, I am not making this up be warned, stupid thing is I still liked the car?

Rare Fun Car
By Mark Zachary on 02/09/09 23:49 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

A Rare car among more common luxury convertibles on the road. Plenty of power for a 2 seater, handles well. Smooth, stable ride on highway and side roads. Comfortable, well equipped interior. A Fun car to drive, especially on warm, sunny days with the top down. Eye catching exterior is noticed wherever you travel. Be warned.....this vehicle often attracts the interest of complete strangers but I've met some great people who enjoy unique, fun automobiles like the XLR as much as I do. Buy One and Have Fun!

buy the benz
By Bob on 08/18/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After looking for one of these since Nov 07, and reading all the reviews I bought anyway. I have had 2 weeks and its been in shop for 6 days, for heated/cooled seats, and horn. Going back tomorrow for fog lights and high beam flash. Make sure only buy certified and get vis records. These are very high maintenance cars and while they look good, they are not built like a 75k car. Buy the Benz, more money but you should actually get to drive it, instead of rental cars. Certification provides warranty, but doesn't mean they actually checked. I had not driven 2 feet after delivered certified when the above were not working. Don't feel sorry for gm or employees, they need to do job.

Great Car, Little Nitpicks
By domesticdude on 03/25/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Every time i walk into my garage i just stare in awe for a few seconds. With this parked next to my 2007 XKR it is a sight to see. The XLR is one of the best head turning cars period. It just looks incredible, and when you add the retractable hardtop thats reason enough to buy it. I have the regular XLR and it is quick, but one can tell it needs a little more power and desperately needs a better exhaust note. The interior is a little cramped, i'm 6 ft tall, and lacks storage. Personally i like the interior, its nice enough and is very user friendly, though it could be nicer. IT is just a great overall car.

XLR - Great car - but . . . .
By jimbo on 11/14/07 12:52 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

While a very unique vehicle - those seeking a luxury sports car will find it falls short of the XK, SL, 6xx series vehicles. It's Corvette heritage is very obvious and in the supercharged version has good performance (non-supercharged is a bit "wanting" IMHO). The lack of any type of storage behind the seats really makes this a challenge when traveling. Also with the top down - storage is practically zip - especially when compared with the SL.

2006 XLR
By Race Addington on 11/13/07 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Cadillac, 1st was 2005 CTS. The XLR is a sporty, good looking car that attracts a lot of attension. The only complant is the lack of knowledge for repairs and maintence and it's common malfunctions of computer driven systems. Also for such an expensive car the FM raido reception system is weak and some interior items are built cheaply such as visors, visor mirrors and storage compartments between seats. Other than that, the car is a great ride. Note: Watch out for the cops, they seem attracted to expensive look and don't take kindly to top down and music loud.

WOW!
By Lance on 02/22/07 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new car. It is somewhat rare and a real head turner. I moved up to it from an '06 Vette. I have had some issues with the GPS not logging in, but it should be fixed soon.

XLR Review
By GoldenGirl on 11/22/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The driving and power performance of this vehicle are overwhelming. I love the way it handles and takes corners. It hugs the road. It has a luxurious interior and easy to get to controls. The hard top convertible is an eye-catcher and people always stare and comment what a beautiful car this is.

I'm Lovin' It
By XLRer8 on 08/24/06 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with my Cadillac XLR! It is a real head turner. Every hotel or restaurant I take it to parks it in the front. I'm a big guy and fit into it with no problems. I wish I had waited for the V-series though. In twelve months I have only seen three others on the road. There is millions of Mercedes SL500s out there, but very few of these.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.