Used 2006 Cadillac XLR Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Xlr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XLR model:

Truly a beautiful boulevard cruiser!
By 06 XLR

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The XLR has stunning looks inside and out. So many features. Love the retractable hardtop. With the top up, you have no idea you are in a roadster! It is so quiet. No problems with the car so far . Purchased on 7-8- 09 with 7295 miles. It is quite different from our 07 Corvette. We considered a 2010 Camaro...love the exterior looks, but inside was a disappointment (seats, dash, short windshield). Back to the XLR..CD player has awesome sound...love the cooled seats. Think this will be a collectible car. Got this like new 06 for about half of the original list. My wife says the car is "cool"!

Favorite Features

Retractable hardtop, rear deck styling, interior

Suggested Improvements

Michelin tires seem a little noisy at some speeds

Good Looking junk
By bignickja

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought mine off showroom floor for 83,000 dollars to go with my vette and escalade yes I owed gm a lot, best and worst car I've ever owned, great headturner, fun to drive, ALWAYS IN SHOP, I mean ALWAYS in my 40 months of owning it was in shop 33 times from headlights to horns to rubber fading, trans, water pump, oil pump, compressor, tire gauge, throttlebody, trunk, foglights, visors, radio replaced, navigation, radiator, blown speaker, push button door entry, lights on dash blown, periscope wheel, heads up display, wiper pump, rusted tailpipes, I am not making this up be warned, stupid thing is I still liked the car?

Favorite Features

Fast, good looks, convertible, rare to see another one

Suggested Improvements

everything, they need to stop making them

Rare Fun Car
By Mark Zachary

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

A Rare car among more common luxury convertibles on the road. Plenty of power for a 2 seater, handles well. Smooth, stable ride on highway and side roads. Comfortable, well equipped interior. A Fun car to drive, especially on warm, sunny days with the top down. Eye catching exterior is noticed wherever you travel. Be warned.....this vehicle often attracts the interest of complete strangers but I've met some great people who enjoy unique, fun automobiles like the XLR as much as I do. Buy One and Have Fun!

Favorite Features

Hard Top; HUD; Xenon Lamps; Run Flat Tires; Rare eye-catching exterior

Suggested Improvements

Needs Bluetooth; iPod quik connect; more storage space

buy the benz
By Bob

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After looking for one of these since Nov 07, and reading all the reviews I bought anyway. I have had 2 weeks and its been in shop for 6 days, for heated/cooled seats, and horn. Going back tomorrow for fog lights and high beam flash. Make sure only buy certified and get vis records. These are very high maintenance cars and while they look good, they are not built like a 75k car. Buy the Benz, more money but you should actually get to drive it, instead of rental cars. Certification provides warranty, but doesn't mean they actually checked. I had not driven 2 feet after delivered certified when the above were not working. Don't feel sorry for gm or employees, they need to do job.

Favorite Features

Body Style and stereo

Suggested Improvements

Dependability, even certified they don't absolutely check what they say they checked. but at least wont get stuck with bill ,

Great Car, Little Nitpicks
By domesticdude

2006 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Every time i walk into my garage i just stare in awe for a few seconds. With this parked next to my 2007 XKR it is a sight to see. The XLR is one of the best head turning cars period. It just looks incredible, and when you add the retractable hardtop thats reason enough to buy it. I have the regular XLR and it is quick, but one can tell it needs a little more power and desperately needs a better exhaust note. The interior is a little cramped, i'm 6 ft tall, and lacks storage. Personally i like the interior, its nice enough and is very user friendly, though it could be nicer. IT is just a great overall car.

Favorite Features

retractable hardtop, head turning good looks, user friendly interior

Suggested Improvements

interior could be nicer, more cabin space and storage nooks, better engine, ride and handling are good until i get in my XKR.