2005 Cadillac XLR - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )
Cadillac XLR
By HOWDY on 12/02/04 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My new 2005 Cadillac XLR is my second one. I purchased an early 2004 model and it was great. It turned heads and was enjoyable to drive. I had very few problems with it, considering that it was such a new model. I purchased a 2005 XLR without any reservations. From the perspective of a previous Chevrolet Corvette fanatic, this is an excellent car.

cadillac xlr
By robert morgan on 12/01/04 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

fun car to drive good handling good comfort need to make instructions for map and voice recg.

The XOXOSled
By Debie on 11/30/04 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Waited for years for this car. The minute I saw it,I sat in it,I knew I had to have it. It glides. Cars slow down in awe of this car. I constantly get the thumbs up.I almost bought the Lexus SC 430, browsed a Crossfire but then I went to the Cadillac showroom and I fell in love.The it was. Out of the ordinary.Original!Perfect color, perfect interior, perfect fit.It was made for me!!I couldn't believe the concept car was road ready.I wanted this car before I got too old to look good in it. I get more compliments like "Not sure what's more gorgeous, the car or the girl driving it." This from teenage boys to older men in Corvettes, Mercedes,Lexus etc. I am 49!! I feel like I am 25.

XLR - LEMON
By Rick Benson on 11/17/04 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I HAVE OWNED (9) Cadillacs over the past (14) and have been extremely satisfied with each one. In February 2004 I received my dream car, only it turned out being a nightmare. The problems started at 430 miles. Lights that did not work, windows switches defective, inability to start. XLR had to be towed on a flatbed twice, back to the delarship. One of the fuel tanks had to be replaced, "check fuel cap" message continuosly on drivers information center. Less than 13 MPG on open road and highway driving. Engine misfiring, engine leaking 1/2 - 1 pint of oil everytime it was shut off. Various other electrical problems. Navigation System works about 1/3 of the time. In the shop 40 days.

XLR is Cool
By Little Birdie on 11/09/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a head-turning, stylish car that is incredibly fun to drive.

This is fun
By Jo Ann on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a Cadillac Girl for 15 years, but this is the first time I have fallen in love with my car. What fun!!!

THE BEST EVER
By MR HENRI on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

JUST GOT MY 2005 XLR AND IT IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN OR DRIVEN. BRAVO CADILLAC FOR SHOWING THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE STILL NUMBER ONE IN LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE. THIS IS A DREAM CAR WHICH HAS COME TRUE.

Fun and eye catching Car
By Visionary on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When driving to my destination a Porche tried to overtake my Cadillac. I smoked him out of the gate and he gave me a thumbs up!

My Blacky
By Arcuby on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

So far all OK. Very Happy

I Love XLR
By Micho on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

the best car ever... i will never get board of it... in every way the XLR is perfect... im gonna tell y`all the truth.. i am in love with it and it is my girl friend at the moment... everytime i say XLR my heart goes Boom!! for real :) its amazing... but im getting the XLR-V ;) 2006 hahahaha....