Used 2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Xlr - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )

Amazed
By Jetboy

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I truly expected to have some problems with this car being limited production and a new design with complicated electronics and top but to my amazement it has been totally trouble free for 16,000 miles now with hundreds of top down cycles. I was considering a Vette when I found this, much better choice for comfort while not giving up much in handling or performance.

Favorite Features

The styling.

Suggested Improvements

Add Bluetooth.

XLR, Best of the Breed
By GoVols

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most commented-on car I have had since I owned a 1973 Jaguar E-Type V12 in the 70's. It has power, performance, comfort and (most of all) style. From its front angles it looks like the Batmobile. I am very happy with the car. The only problem is the touch screen for audio/mav/etc. is unreadable with the top down on a sunny day.

Favorite Features

The performance and sound.

Suggested Improvements

The touch screen.

An Excellant Review
By XL R Roadster

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had always wanted a Corvette and had been looking at Corvettes. I took my Cadillac DeVille in for service and they were asking me when I was going to trade. I told them I was wanting something different. They told me about the XLR that was coming out. When they got one in they called me to look at it and I fell in love with it. It is so much fun to drive and really turns heads. I have a second car and I don't drive it every day. I took a trip to Lafayette, LA and it was a pleasure. It is totally a sports car. I have thoroughly enjoyed this car.

Favorite Features

I like the hard top convertable feature. The interior is beautiful. The navigation system is great.

Suggested Improvements

I think it meets the expectations of a sports car. It doesn't have a lot of room inside. If you want room you need to buy a full size car. This is a fun automobile.

Needs more trunk space
By Frank

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Wow- Car gets the looks, I wish the wood grain would not scrach so easy. Fun to drive with top down. Radio needs better antenna, but sound is great.

Favorite Features

It looks like a James Bond car.

Suggested Improvements

Better antenna. Better trunk space, only when top is down.

A Great Car - Fun to Drive
By LeeRoyLRT

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one fine automobile. Quality inside and out. Very quite with great performance. Finally a true sports car with luxury. I love the crash avoidance system, yes you may call it cruise control, but on the way home from a trip and it senses vehicles in front of me in a torrential down pour and I am only going 47 mph and I can't see them. I think much more highly of this option than of normal cruise control. Go GM, especially Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Cruise control advoidance, hardtop convertible, fuel economy, and styling.

Suggested Improvements

DVD will play while vehicle moving.