2 years of ownership
By edwestrfld on
2005 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)
The car is a blast to drive and always turns heads on the road. I have lost count of the number of people giving me the thumbs up. The XLR has been a solid performer. I had one computer chip issue in the first two months, which was quickly fixed. My car was one of the first off the line, and had brake squeal with low speed stops. Cadillac replaced all four rotors with upgrades. All subsequent cars produced have the same rotors. Have had one chip in the paint on the retractable roof. External trunk release was replaced. You do have to tell the carwash guys the trunk is "powered" and you don't close it by hand. Also has a hidden panel they inevitably don't clean.
Favorite Features
Cooled seats...must have for the desert. Even after 2 years, people still walk over to see the car and the valets still fight to see who gets to park it. Still a relatively rare car on the road. Electro-Magnetic suspension very cool feature.
Suggested Improvements
Absolutely need for more trunk space with the top down. Navigation system needs to be more intuitive to use. Additional color options beyond the "old man Cadillac colors". Back up camera. Car is so wide that it is very hard to see anything behind you. Bigger gas tank or better mileage.