2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (46 reviews )
World Class Car
By David Toth on 07/08/09 04:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car blows the BMW's that I have been driving off the road. The XLR is fast, handles great, and extremely comfortable. I also love the bold design and I have been stopped many times by admirers of the car. Taking the XLR on road trips is a joy, allowing one to enjoy both the power and comfort of the car.

Awesome
By Sharon on 01/05/09 14:16 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a 1993 red Corvette for my 2005 Xenon Blue XLR and I have no regrets. I get whistles, thumbs up, nice color, nice car comments from people ages 16 to 75. Truly a fun car to drive and own.

Like New
By mmb on 07/08/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Really love the car, only top does not operate properly. Have to have serviced, but under warranty.

Bought It Used, Saved Depreciation
By qgsm33 on 01/08/07 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked hard at the Mercedes SLK55 and the SL500. I couldn't afford the SL500 (ouch). The regular SLKs (350, 280, etc) didn't have enough horsepower to really compare. The SLK55 was almost impossible to find used with fairly low miles. Although the SLK55 is a great car, it just seemed too small for me. My daughter said "you look like an elephant riding a peanut" (referring to the short wheel base and short overall car length). Mercedes made a big deal out of their hard top retracting in 19 seconds vs. 30 seconds for the Caddy. My only trouble on the Caddy has been the computer thinking the top isn't fully locked when you hit a hard bump. That has been fixed now via some reprogramming.

A Great and Fun Car
By Bill on 11/25/06 16:31 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is not only fun to drive, but undoubtedly it gets the most looks of any car on the road.

Amazed
By Jetboy on 11/11/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I truly expected to have some problems with this car being limited production and a new design with complicated electronics and top but to my amazement it has been totally trouble free for 16,000 miles now with hundreds of top down cycles. I was considering a Vette when I found this, much better choice for comfort while not giving up much in handling or performance.

XLR, Best of the Breed
By GoVols on 08/13/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most commented-on car I have had since I owned a 1973 Jaguar E-Type V12 in the 70's. It has power, performance, comfort and (most of all) style. From its front angles it looks like the Batmobile. I am very happy with the car. The only problem is the touch screen for audio/mav/etc. is unreadable with the top down on a sunny day.

An Excellant Review
By XL R Roadster on 05/17/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had always wanted a Corvette and had been looking at Corvettes. I took my Cadillac DeVille in for service and they were asking me when I was going to trade. I told them I was wanting something different. They told me about the XLR that was coming out. When they got one in they called me to look at it and I fell in love with it. It is so much fun to drive and really turns heads. I have a second car and I don't drive it every day. I took a trip to Lafayette, LA and it was a pleasure. It is totally a sports car. I have thoroughly enjoyed this car.

Needs more trunk space
By Frank on 09/01/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Wow- Car gets the looks, I wish the wood grain would not scrach so easy. Fun to drive with top down. Radio needs better antenna, but sound is great.

A Great Car - Fun to Drive
By LeeRoyLRT on 08/16/05 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one fine automobile. Quality inside and out. Very quite with great performance. Finally a true sports car with luxury. I love the crash avoidance system, yes you may call it cruise control, but on the way home from a trip and it senses vehicles in front of me in a torrential down pour and I am only going 47 mph and I can't see them. I think much more highly of this option than of normal cruise control. Go GM, especially Cadillac.

1 2 3 4 5 next »