My First Cadillac
By HERXLR on
2004 Cadillac XLR 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)
My husband purchased my red XLR new as a present to replace another vehicle on the spur of the moment. We did not evaluate any other cars, Jag, Porsche, BMW, etc. I am thrilled with the car and loved it from the first minute I drove it. I get more thumbs up from other convertible drivers (Porsche comes to mind), teens, general passersby, than I ever have with another vehicle. This car is a beauty, comfortable, fun to drive, fast, and well designed. You'll really want to exceed the speed limit in this one, it is so smooth. The feel of a sports car with the comfort of a sedan.
Favorite Features
The headsup display is a nice feature. Converting to top-down is a breeze, but there isn't much room left in the trunk! I love the looks and styling of the car. Its interior design of electronics etc and location of features is well- thought out and functional.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the LCD was readable in sunlight, that presets were available on the radio, that it had integrated satellite radio reception, and that I could use the OnStar verbal dialing to phone with the top down. My car had a few service calls for faulty engine light codes. Also, the cargo cover needs improvement.