Used 2004 Cadillac XLR Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (83 reviews )

Bob's "Fun Mobile"
By R. W. McPherson

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The daytime running and front signal lights have too high a wattage bulb. the bulb melts the lens, and reduces the assembly to junk! at $2100.00 to replace the set, and no remediation for the problem by GM, it makes for less than a good experience of ownership! The crooks at the dealership of course waited to tell me about this after the warranty was expired. I am not happy with the dealership or Cadillac Division of General Motors. It will be a cold day in hell before I get another Cadillac, or let a caddy dealer work on either my XLR, or my SRX!

Have GM engineering get their head "out" and recall and fix their screw-ups! Customer satisfaction "Bites the dust" when they make the owner pay for their foul-up especially with only 28,000 miles on the car. Time ran out not miles.

Caution!
By CAUTION!

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Brakes squeak and belts have to be greased monthly! Am told by my local dealer that the brakes squeak because all high performance cars do? Also told that there was nothing they could do about belts - it is a general motors issue - of course warranty has expired - SURPRISE!

The car is certainly a head turner! It has a great feel on the road and city. For a sports car - very good mileage = and important issue today!

My wife needed a new car - we bought a Lexus 350 - problem free and dealer great to deal with - anybody is great to deal with when you represent a great product - I'm sorry but buy the overseas products if you want quality!

2004 Cadillac XLR
By G Hroma

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My overall experience with this car has been positive, though I have had some problems with top operation. It is a lot of fun to drive. It turns a lot of heads when on the road.

The adaptive cruise control and cooled seats.

Add a Bluetooth interface, built in iPod interface, and improve the cooled seat option. The voice activated navigation system could use some refinements.

A Real Attention Getter
By phillpxlr

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Cadillac XLR is a real head turner wherever it goes. If it is in the same lot as a Porche or Mercedes-Benz SL500, people are only interested in the XLR.

I like the heads up display and radar adaptive cruise control.

My car has a very annoying rattle in the center console. A little better quality in this area is needed.

Great car, just a bit small for tall
By Jon

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac XLR is a great car, but it is just a bit small for tall drivers (I'm 6-4). Mine had several several system problems, but all taken care of under warranty.

The styling and performance.

It needs more leg room for tall drivers. Redo the trunk so putting it up in the rain doesn't dump water on my golf bag.