2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic - (83 reviews )
Bob's "Fun Mobile"
By R. W. McPherson on 08/03/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The daytime running and front signal lights have too high a wattage bulb. the bulb melts the lens, and reduces the assembly to junk! at $2100.00 to replace the set, and no remediation for the problem by GM, it makes for less than a good experience of ownership! The crooks at the dealership of course waited to tell me about this after the warranty was expired. I am not happy with the dealership or Cadillac Division of General Motors. It will be a cold day in hell before I get another Cadillac, or let a caddy dealer work on either my XLR, or my SRX!

Caution!
By CAUTION! on 04/09/08 05:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Brakes squeak and belts have to be greased monthly! Am told by my local dealer that the brakes squeak because all high performance cars do? Also told that there was nothing they could do about belts - it is a general motors issue - of course warranty has expired - SURPRISE!

2004 Cadillac XLR
By G Hroma on 12/30/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My overall experience with this car has been positive, though I have had some problems with top operation. It is a lot of fun to drive. It turns a lot of heads when on the road.

A Real Attention Getter
By phillpxlr on 07/06/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Cadillac XLR is a real head turner wherever it goes. If it is in the same lot as a Porche or Mercedes-Benz SL500, people are only interested in the XLR.

Great car, just a bit small for tall
By Jon on 06/08/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac XLR is a great car, but it is just a bit small for tall drivers (I'm 6-4). Mine had several several system problems, but all taken care of under warranty.

My First Cadillac
By HERXLR on 06/02/06 10:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My husband purchased my red XLR new as a present to replace another vehicle on the spur of the moment. We did not evaluate any other cars, Jag, Porsche, BMW, etc. I am thrilled with the car and loved it from the first minute I drove it. I get more thumbs up from other convertible drivers (Porsche comes to mind), teens, general passersby, than I ever have with another vehicle. This car is a beauty, comfortable, fun to drive, fast, and well designed. You'll really want to exceed the speed limit in this one, it is so smooth. The feel of a sports car with the comfort of a sedan.

XLR -The Future of Luxury & Performance
By Artie A on 05/16/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The stellar appearance and superior performance of my 2004 Cadillac XLR leaves other motorists (and their passengers) numb with admiration (and envy). This car is the Car of the Century!

Best I Have Owned
By TGPitney on 01/05/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Both kids and blueheads turn when it goes by. After driving a BMW and a Mercedes it's nice to be comfortable and still enjoy the wind.

Beats a Jag
By R (Ringo) Starkey on 12/27/04 15:54 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car. Performance is excellent. A little expensive, but beats a Jaguar XK. Problems with keyless remote and some electronics. Reliability rated 6. A real head turner.

More than you can Imagine
By XLR lifer on 12/17/04 15:29 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible 2dr Roadster (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The XLR ia an unbelievable car to drive.The performance will amaze you. It out performs my Porsche which I also truly love. The styling sets it apart from all other cars in ANY class. The luxurious interior makes you feel like a king. I dont know what I like more, the comfort or all the looks and questions I get continuously from admirers. It is truly one of a kind.