2006 Cadillac XLR-V Consumer Review: Davy's Baby SLR - VVroooom

2006 Cadillac XLR-V - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (4.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic)

Davy's Baby SLR - VVroooom
By david on

2006 Cadillac XLR-V 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is the fastest car I have ever had. It drives extremely smoothly and has great power with a bit of a whine like I have heard on newer airplanes. It drives great, however, I am not a high tech guy and this car is high tech. It take a lot of effort to ot to learn to appreciate everything. It comes with a pre-packaged cell phone and OnStar, which is very cool. This car is sharp. I love the power and am surprised that I haven't been pulled over yet. The high tech features make it attractive to others that haven't seen the digital info projected like 3D over the steering wheel at the front of the car. The radio blares and for a sports car. It has a very smooth ride.

The hum of the engine and the power right out of the gate. Maybe make it faster using the gears instead of automatic. The automatic trunk, up and down as well as the convertible top, which gives the car a different flavor.

This car is very small inside, which doesn't matter for driving, but I would have liked a little space for carrying junk. Sometimes keyless gives a problem and doesn't start right away. The start and lock system needs improvement. Sometimes I don't know if the car locks when I walk away.