Used 2006 Cadillac XLR-V Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Xlr-v - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Great Sleeper
By Old Sarge

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I traded a 2005 Honda S2000 for this car - WOW! This is a car that I never believed that an US car company would build, let alone Cadillac. Its handling is up there with the top line BMW and Mercedes. Its gas mileage is 20-22 mpg. This is a very nice ride.

Favorite Features

The Northstar motor, a 4.4L, 443hp supercharged, is an example of what US engineers can do if given the chance.

Suggested Improvements

Make the engine more visible - less covered.

Davy's Baby SLR - VVroooom
By david

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is the fastest car I have ever had. It drives extremely smoothly and has great power with a bit of a whine like I have heard on newer airplanes. It drives great, however, I am not a high tech guy and this car is high tech. It take a lot of effort to ot to learn to appreciate everything. It comes with a pre-packaged cell phone and OnStar, which is very cool. This car is sharp. I love the power and am surprised that I haven't been pulled over yet. The high tech features make it attractive to others that haven't seen the digital info projected like 3D over the steering wheel at the front of the car. The radio blares and for a sports car. It has a very smooth ride.

Favorite Features

The hum of the engine and the power right out of the gate. Maybe make it faster using the gears instead of automatic. The automatic trunk, up and down as well as the convertible top, which gives the car a different flavor.

Suggested Improvements

This car is very small inside, which doesn't matter for driving, but I would have liked a little space for carrying junk. Sometimes keyless gives a problem and doesn't start right away. The start and lock system needs improvement. Sometimes I don't know if the car locks when I walk away.

Truly Grace
By Samuel

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Owning and driving this vehicle has been a dream come true. It has performance, handling, comfort and style. I constantly receive compliments on it. Cadillac has done a fine job with this vehicle. My Son can say, "This is my father's Cadillac.' Smile, and have a blessed day.

Favorite Features

The convertible top, brakes, engine, seating, sound system, and easy entry and exit. Everything about the car is my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

There should be no options left off this car. It should also have Cadillac's best warranty.

Almost Perfect
By STEPHEN HOLM

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned several head turning cars and motor cycles, but this beats them all. From old ladies to young men and kids, people have chased me through parking lots and tried to flag me down on the street, just to get a look and learn more about it. They are usually shocked to find out that it is a Cadillac. Yes, this happens to the point it that it is a problem. Aside from that, it is great fun to drive. The acceleration and handling are so very nice, yet the car is so refined. It is simply a refined "wildcar". It has an amazingly fantastic aftermarket sound (meaning the engine). The great sound system is stock.

Favorite Features

The "headsup instruments," electronic shift 6-speed transmission, and the supercharged engine.

Suggested Improvements

The outside mirrors need to move forward as they block vision. I would like to see cameras rather than mirrors. It could always use more horsepower.

The XLR-V is a Great Car
By 2006 Cadillac XLR-V

2006 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is the best car for driving, looking and owning. It's the greatest car that I have ever owned. Its acceleration and handling couldn't be better.

Favorite Features

The looks, handling and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

None