Used 2010 Cadillac STS V6 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Disappointed
By Martin

2010 Cadillac STS V6 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I heard such a lot of good things about this car. But, Summary: very nice looking car. Good quality. Awfully complicated controls and navigation system ( what where they thinking !) try to change the hour on the clock. It will take you time and studying the manual! Heavy - it gives you the impression you are in an electric train. If you push it hard it responds. But you are better off with a v8, clearly. It has a ridiculously small gas tank. What were they thinking !). Seats are very hard. Lights are not very good. Great music system not an agile car ( again, needs a v8, also)

Favorite Features

Great looks. Solid. Good quality. Very good steering feel. Decent brakes (not fantastic)

Suggested Improvements

Extra room for storage. Have the V8 (shame on Edmunds saying that no need to get the V8 since the V6 is similar, it is not). Increase size of gas tank!. Simplify navigation system and OVERALL controls. Better gas mileage in the city. More comfortable seats. What a pity, such a nice looking car..

Solid Value
By Jeff NYC

2010 Cadillac STS V6 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I originally wanted the performance of the 8 cyl.Northstar but with $3.00 gas, I settled for the 302hp DI 6 cylinder. I generally don't like anything with less than 8 cylinders but this STS motor is remarkable. It accelerates like an 8, sounds good and delivers exceptional gas mileage. I thought the trip computer was broken when I averaged 31mpg on a 300 mile highway trip but it was true. The sport gears work well if you want drive aggressively and so far I have had no maintenance issues.The handling is good for 4100lb luxury car but I must admit that I lean towards more agile cars that have suspension treatmentlike the V-series.STS price (after the deal) is alot less than E350 and 530.

Favorite Features

Direct Injected engine (performance and mileage), seat comfort, keyless entry,bose system

Suggested Improvements

Should offer sport suspension including brembo style brakes, larger wheels/tires, that are designed by GM for the car...aftermarket options for a caddy or any luxury car makes it look like a pimpmobile.