2008 Cadillac STS Consumer Review: Solid player

2008 Cadillac STS - Consumer Review

V6 Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Solid player
By jeff sunshine on

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine at the end of August when there were only V6 AWD models. I traded my V8 STS and thought I would be taking a step down. With V6 DI engine, I really do not miss the V8. So far this car is solid in all respects; handles well,comfortable, reliable, good mileage and is fast enough. In my opinion, this car favorably competes with BMW, MB and the other usual suspects but after you negotiate your final price, there really is no comparison becuse you pay a lot less. The status of a label is unimportant to me (although a Caddy still has some clout left) and as car enthusiast, I look to the raw driving experience. STS is right there and if the V8 G8 had AWD, I would be driving that.

Acceleration vs mileage ( I get 30mpg at steady 70 mph), supportive seats, driving dynamics

One thing, AWD cars should be made available with with sport suspension and 18 or 19 inch wheels.