Love this car!
By Mark on
2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I test drove a CTS first. It was just Ok. I then drove the STS and Wow. I was sold! Big difference. They want to sell you a CTS at sticker b/c they make more $ on them, but the STS is worth the extra money, it is much more car. Smooth, quiet, luxurious. This is quite simply a nicer car than the 5- series BMW and E-Class Mercedes without the price tag of the BMW or the poor quality of the Mercedes. I could not tell the difference in performance test driving the V-8 and V-6. The DI V6 feels like a V-8. This car simply babies you. Frustrating that you can't get AWD with all the toys in the V-6. I opted for all the toys on a RWD with the 18" chrome wheels package - Car looks awesome.
Favorite Features
Sound system, Bluetooth, 18" chrome wheels, Heads Up Display!! Lane drift awareness, blind spot awareness both work great! Love the heated/air conditioned memory seats and - best of all - the keyless push-button start. I LOVE this car! Driving a BMW or Mercedes? Bet you didn't test drive an STS.
Suggested Improvements
More trunk space. Why on earth does Cadillac not allow the buyer to order a V-6 in all-wheel drive with 18" wheels and driver awareness options, while allowing this on the V-8? Stupid, plain and simple. 18" wheels should be standard. Why charge 10K more for the V8 for only a handful of add'l HP?