Love the new STS
By Dominic on
2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I just traded in my 2003 v-8 FWD SLS for a new 2008 v-6 STS RWD. Having driven the '03 for 4 years and the '08 for only a few weeks short weeks, I can say that the '08 is by far a better car. That is not to say anything bad about the '03, just that Cadillac got it right with this one. RWD, IMHO, is a much better way to design and build this class of car. I got the car pretty much loaded up. Sticker was ~$54K. The larger 18" wheels included in the 1SC Luxury Performance package, along with the HD brakes really make this a driving machine.
Favorite Features
I love the gizmos! My wife is less attracted to all the Techno updates, but give me all the technology you can. If it weren't for the awkward looking "pod" mounted in the windshield, I would have also opted for the laser guided cruise control and the lane guidance systems.
Suggested Improvements
It absoultely needs...no...it is begging for more storage space. The glove box is useless. It holds the owners manual..period. The door side pockets, front and rear, are tiny. And where in the heck are you supposed to store an umbrella? We definitely miss the double storage bin in the console.