2008 Cadillac STS Consumer Review: Best luxury sports sedan

2008 Cadillac STS - Consumer Review

V6 Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Best luxury sports sedan
By Charlie Higgins on

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since January my wife and I have driven this vehicle daily. At 250 miles we took off to Florida from Ohio and averaged 24 mpg at 68 mph. Many times I took it above 75. The six speed transmission feels almost continuously variable. We purchased the navigation option along with the luxury interior package and AWD. I agree 18" wheels would have been nice but the HD brakes are not compatible with this larger wheel. The car performance is smooth and controllable compared to the BMW 535 and the Mercedes E Series. We test drove the CTS and agree with other reviewer that there is no comparison . Quality is unassailable and with 5500 miles ytd we would purchase all over again.

AWD for Ohio winters and On-Star turn by turn navigation. Size of the vehicle is perfect. Fuel efficiency is unbelievable for a car of this weight and physical size. Seat heaters and automatic temperature control are fantastic. We like the three levels of control on the seat heaters.

Provide winter mats for front and rear compartments. The rugs are beautiful but slush and ice/mud can make a mess