2008 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Fantastic Car
By Larry G on 02/20/08 12:52 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had driven a Volvo S-60 with AWD and wanted a bigger AWD car. Looked at BMW, Audi, Lexsus and settled on the STS with the new direct injected V-6. Great power, great tranny. Car has every bell and whistle. Love the remote start, heated-cooled seats and the heated steering wheel. Car is good looking outside and very attractive inside. Great highway cruiser but also very agile and responsive in city driving. In snow or rain the AWD is superb!

Four months with the Caddy
By impatient on 02/03/08 14:10 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was really excited about getting this car. I wanted the Bluetooth capability and ordered the vehicle when I discovered it was included. However, the voice recognition system is quite faulty as it just does not work properly. Cadillac just installed a second nav radio to combat this problem and still it does not respond to voice commands. When a command is given, it responds three times with "Pardon" and then says "Command not recognized." Because of this, I am not able to make telephone calls except when the vehicle is in park. Not at all convenient. Maybe Cadillac will fix this problem. I hope so.

The Right Decission
By Hugh on 11/12/07 21:56 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have only owned the Caddy for a couple of weeks, and I am very impressed. I looked at evrything from BMW's, Acrua's other Cadillac's, and even the new Buick Enclave. I live in snow country of upper Michigan, and the STS afforded me the opportunity to own a classy, Luxury car with AWD. Gas mileage is great compared to owning an SUV upper here. And the in-line V6 has all the get up an go that I would need. At first the Navigation system appears to offer it self to one with a degree in computers, but a little hands on time is all thats needed. Cost more than the CTS, but you get more and it is defintely a better auto for the extra money!

No Disappointments!
By Hugh on 11/12/07 14:55 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We enjoy driving this car and both want to drive when we go. Handles fantastic and could not be quieter. The direct injected six is more powerful than my old Seville V8, has more horsepower. The mileage is better than the 2001 Seville as well. Interior finish is tops, the programing features took some time to master for the memory feature. Very happy with this car and no bag of money had to go to Japan!

Love the new STS
By Dominic on 10/09/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just traded in my 2003 v-8 FWD SLS for a new 2008 v-6 STS RWD. Having driven the '03 for 4 years and the '08 for only a few weeks short weeks, I can say that the '08 is by far a better car. That is not to say anything bad about the '03, just that Cadillac got it right with this one. RWD, IMHO, is a much better way to design and build this class of car. I got the car pretty much loaded up. Sticker was ~$54K. The larger 18" wheels included in the 1SC Luxury Performance package, along with the HD brakes really make this a driving machine.

My First Cadillac
By TexasPhotographer on 10/03/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like this car. However, the manual reads like it was written in a language other than English. Instead of providing information, the manual refers you to two other pages to get the information. The navigation system is nice, but difficult to learn and again the manual is little to no help. The seats are comfortable and I like the sporty ride. The glove compartment is way too small. I do not like the fact that when opening the trunk, it does not open fully. As a photographer I have arms full of equipment. I would have liked the trunk to open so I could put the equipment in the trunk instead of on the ground so I can manually open the trunk. Not a convenient feature.

Outstanding Value for the Money
By Cosmo on 08/20/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

08 has great looks and comfort. New V6 ans sheet metal improvements creates great appeal. Was looking at BMW, Mercedes Audi, Lexus and Infiniti for the money the STS was the best buy,

2008 STS 6 cylinder is a dream!
By John Lerner on 08/18/07 17:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2008 STS Just delivered and drove from East Hampton Long Island to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Wife and kids love the ride on this car, more than our former BMW 5 series. MPG combined on the car's computer stunned us with 21.6 combined, and 27 mpg all day long on the highway, running 87 octane!

08 STS is hot
By Cosmo on 08/11/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

302-horsepower engine with direct injection V6. A bolder look on the outside and inside will attract younger buyers. I am 41. I wanted a 4 wheel drive car that can accommodate 3 car seats in the back. I looked at the BMW 535xi, Lexus GS350 AWD Infiniti M35 (currently drive Infiniti M45) at Audi A6. For the money the 2008 I stress the 2008 STS was the best value. The increased performance and the side air extractors, incorporated into the front fenders of STS. New chrome-plated door handles and lower rocker moldings are added for more presence and refinement.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.