Used 2008 Cadillac STS V8 Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

1st Cadillac, Great Car
By Matt

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my 1st Cadillac. I purchased it new in Dec 09. It was on the dealer lot of 1.5 years and I got a great deal. After reading all of the reviews, was worried about build quality and reliability. I have been very happily surprised. Ride quaility is #1, handling and V8 performance are great. I am in my mid 40's and looked at Lexus, Infiniti, MB. The caddy, for the price, exceeded those other car makers. My younger friends have all been impressed with this car and are looking a Cadillac instead of a BMW or lexus. I hope that GM will continue to improve the model. At this writing, I don't think I will purchase anything but a Cadillac again. I have been very satisfied.

Heated Steering Wheel, Ride and Handling, V8 performance. Comfort of front seats. It is a great touring car. Bose system is great and exterior lighting really helps on dark winter nights. On star and Cadillac road service (I had a flat (nail) the 1st week, they came in 30 min and changed the tire)

My biggest complaint has to be interior storage. The glove box is small and side door pockets are shallow. Center console with nav has no storage and center bin cosole is deep, but not large. No sunglass holder in center stack above the mirror. Finally, instruction video instead of the owner man.

Very Happy
By richcory

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Remote start, 5.1 Bose Surround, V8 power and fuel economy, 6-spd auto

interior space and a more user friendly nav system

Finally GM Got it right...For Now
By Old Red

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've ever seen in my 53 years of owning and driving all kinds of cars. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've ever been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

"Feel", Quality of Manufacture, No defects. Ride, handling. This is one of the best automobiles manufactured. For it's price, none are better.

From 2 BMW to Cadillac...
By Eric

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 BMW,I just bought my first caddy at 36 yrs old.I was just tired seeing BMW,G35,NEW C-class even the new CTS every corner. So I found a great STS. It's very comfy very luxurious and the space inside. The nav with the 15 speakers from Bose? Oh la la. Its the best oem sound system I've ever heard, by the way I am a musician. Of course the mileage is so so I bought the v8. Funny that the hid light are not std for that car. Overall its a good value when reduce cause I wouldn't buy at full retail. I love everything about the car but its not BMW handling and driving experience. When you think about it who care were not formula 1 driver, right? Cadillac: the ultimate luxury experience? I guess

Key fobs, nav, sound system, seats, exclusivity, heated front- rear seats and steering wheels and the look of it. Thunder Gray Chromaflair paint.

Fuel economy on V8,Xenon and 18'' rims should be standard on V8,NAV display could have been better

The best value for your money!
By Tony

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had S-class Mercedes and BMW 7 several times before. I changed my S500 and I'm glad I did. Those fancy Germans are just not worth the money when it comes to compare.

magnetic ride control, all wheel drive, blind side alarm

rain sensor