2008 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
My first Cadillac
By powerline87 on 08/05/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac and my first car that was over $1000. Value: I got my car 3-4 years old, because the price drops by $20-25k by then. Performance: 302hp 3.6L DI V6. 52/48 weight dist. AWD. Dual-Wishbone front suspension - It handles better than most smaller cars I've driven, and even handles about as well as the CTS, despite being bigger and more comfortable. Comfort: I have driven a Lincoln MKZ, a Cadillac CTS and SRX, and a Lexus ES 350, and the STS is the most comfortable out of all of them. It is roomier and its seats just feel more comfortable. Summary: A used 2008-2011 Cadillac STS has a better balance between luxury and performance than any other car in my price range.

Bose Stereo Issue Debugged
By cfazzari on 06/04/11 00:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In an earlier review I wrote the Bose system was basically terrible. The lows had no THUMP the Mids were Watery and the highs were muted. Apparently There are five different listener settings: Centerpoint, Driver, Talk, Normal and Rear. Centerpoint is the setting to use. The other four settings make the system sound awful at high volumes. Centerpoint wakes up the entire system and is easily comparable to the Boston Acoustic sytem I just came out of from my SRT8 Charger.

I fall in love everyday
By KRSTS on 06/20/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this STS for 27 months and I love it more everyday. It was a GM owned CPO with only 8200 miles. This is my third Cadillac. My others were all V8s and I do not miss the V8 at all. The V6DI is great engine, not only for the power but the fuel mileage. The car is very comfortable on long trips and handles like a dream. There were a few minor issues early that were promptly fixed by the dealer. Now I only take it in for an annual oil change and inspection. Best car I have ever owned in my 67 years.

Lemonade
By LarryG on 01/16/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my 2008 STS in late December, 2007. Failed camshaft sensor, failed right side cam at 13,000 miles, deffective FOB's, 5-burned out lights, deffective driver's seat lumbar system. Dealer is great but car spends too much time in service bay. Will not lease or buy another GM product. Totaly fed up.

Bad Paint
By Herb on 12/06/08 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, except the paint. The car is black, and I had it waxed immediately, by a professional. The first time I cleaned it myself, I discovered many pock marks on the hood and rear deck. They are in the paint, and wax does not remove them. I am taking it into the dealer to check. The paint is defective, and I hope someone will back it up.

Solid player
By jeff sunshine on 11/10/08 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine at the end of August when there were only V6 AWD models. I traded my V8 STS and thought I would be taking a step down. With V6 DI engine, I really do not miss the V8. So far this car is solid in all respects; handles well,comfortable, reliable, good mileage and is fast enough. In my opinion, this car favorably competes with BMW, MB and the other usual suspects but after you negotiate your final price, there really is no comparison becuse you pay a lot less. The status of a label is unimportant to me (although a Caddy still has some clout left) and as car enthusiast, I look to the raw driving experience. STS is right there and if the V8 G8 had AWD, I would be driving that.

Why German
By OKCowboy on 08/17/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My first Caddy. I have owned many Lincolns, several Mercedes, a terrific Jag and some unmentionables over my almost 40 years of "business" driving. This car has great styling, exceptional sound system and many, many options. It is very responsive, quite and comfortable to drive. I drove all the "others" before I chose the caddy and price was not a concern. I'm glad to be driving an American sport sedan. It looks good and drive great. Time will tell but so far it's a winner.

Stick with a luxury import
By GM Never Again on 08/04/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is fun to drive and is great when its not in the repair shop. I have had my STS in service 2 times in the last three months (BRAND NEW) for different problems. GM and Cadillac treat you like you bought a Chevy.You pay a high end price and get low end service. To sum it up, they suck and I will never buy a GM product again. High end imports are more reliable and give much better customer service.

Best luxury sports sedan
By Charlie Higgins on 05/26/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since January my wife and I have driven this vehicle daily. At 250 miles we took off to Florida from Ohio and averaged 24 mpg at 68 mph. Many times I took it above 75. The six speed transmission feels almost continuously variable. We purchased the navigation option along with the luxury interior package and AWD. I agree 18" wheels would have been nice but the HD brakes are not compatible with this larger wheel. The car performance is smooth and controllable compared to the BMW 535 and the Mercedes E Series. We test drove the CTS and agree with other reviewer that there is no comparison . Quality is unassailable and with 5500 miles ytd we would purchase all over again.

I Love My Boomer Sooner Red STS!
By OKrahoma on 05/18/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac, & I love it! Everywhere I go, people tell me it is a beautiful car. I love the red of this car, & I love all of the chrome. We took it on a 2500 mile trip two months after buying it, & had a wonderful drive. We did have a problem when pulling over on the highway to change drivers. A rain- filled pot-hole crumpled the front end, not noticeable on the outside. A simple call to OnStar led us to the nearest dealer. The only option we did not get was the navigation system, & I'm fine with that! My husband had wanted a Chrysler 300, & I sold him on this, & so far, he's happy with the car, & me! I love that smiling front end! (On the car!)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Cadillac STS Sedan in WA is:

$150 per month*