2008 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
My first Cadillac
By powerline87 on 08/05/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac and my first car that was over $1000. Value: I got my car 3-4 years old, because the price drops by $20-25k by then. Performance: 302hp 3.6L DI V6. 52/48 weight dist. AWD. Dual-Wishbone front suspension - It handles better than most smaller cars I've driven, and even handles about as well as the CTS, despite being bigger and more comfortable. Comfort: I have driven a Lincoln MKZ, a Cadillac CTS and SRX, and a Lexus ES 350, and the STS is the most comfortable out of all of them. It is roomier and its seats just feel more comfortable. Summary: A used 2008-2011 Cadillac STS has a better balance between luxury and performance than any other car in my price range.

Bose Stereo Issue Debugged
By cfazzari on 06/04/11 00:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In an earlier review I wrote the Bose system was basically terrible. The lows had no THUMP the Mids were Watery and the highs were muted. Apparently There are five different listener settings: Centerpoint, Driver, Talk, Normal and Rear. Centerpoint is the setting to use. The other four settings make the system sound awful at high volumes. Centerpoint wakes up the entire system and is easily comparable to the Boston Acoustic sytem I just came out of from my SRT8 Charger.

I fall in love everyday
By KRSTS on 06/20/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this STS for 27 months and I love it more everyday. It was a GM owned CPO with only 8200 miles. This is my third Cadillac. My others were all V8s and I do not miss the V8 at all. The V6DI is great engine, not only for the power but the fuel mileage. The car is very comfortable on long trips and handles like a dream. There were a few minor issues early that were promptly fixed by the dealer. Now I only take it in for an annual oil change and inspection. Best car I have ever owned in my 67 years.

1st Cadillac, Great Car
By Matt on 03/09/10 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my 1st Cadillac. I purchased it new in Dec 09. It was on the dealer lot of 1.5 years and I got a great deal. After reading all of the reviews, was worried about build quality and reliability. I have been very happily surprised. Ride quaility is #1, handling and V8 performance are great. I am in my mid 40's and looked at Lexus, Infiniti, MB. The caddy, for the price, exceeded those other car makers. My younger friends have all been impressed with this car and are looking a Cadillac instead of a BMW or lexus. I hope that GM will continue to improve the model. At this writing, I don't think I will purchase anything but a Cadillac again. I have been very satisfied.

Very Happy
By richcory on 10/28/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Finally GM Got it right...For Now
By Old Red on 06/27/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've ever seen in my 53 years of owning and driving all kinds of cars. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've ever been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

Lemonade
By LarryG on 01/16/09 05:20 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my 2008 STS in late December, 2007. Failed camshaft sensor, failed right side cam at 13,000 miles, deffective FOB's, 5-burned out lights, deffective driver's seat lumbar system. Dealer is great but car spends too much time in service bay. Will not lease or buy another GM product. Totaly fed up.

Bad Paint
By Herb on 12/06/08 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, except the paint. The car is black, and I had it waxed immediately, by a professional. The first time I cleaned it myself, I discovered many pock marks on the hood and rear deck. They are in the paint, and wax does not remove them. I am taking it into the dealer to check. The paint is defective, and I hope someone will back it up.

Solid player
By jeff sunshine on 11/10/08 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased mine at the end of August when there were only V6 AWD models. I traded my V8 STS and thought I would be taking a step down. With V6 DI engine, I really do not miss the V8. So far this car is solid in all respects; handles well,comfortable, reliable, good mileage and is fast enough. In my opinion, this car favorably competes with BMW, MB and the other usual suspects but after you negotiate your final price, there really is no comparison becuse you pay a lot less. The status of a label is unimportant to me (although a Caddy still has some clout left) and as car enthusiast, I look to the raw driving experience. STS is right there and if the V8 G8 had AWD, I would be driving that.

Why German
By OKCowboy on 08/17/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My first Caddy. I have owned many Lincolns, several Mercedes, a terrific Jag and some unmentionables over my almost 40 years of "business" driving. This car has great styling, exceptional sound system and many, many options. It is very responsive, quite and comfortable to drive. I drove all the "others" before I chose the caddy and price was not a concern. I'm glad to be driving an American sport sedan. It looks good and drive great. Time will tell but so far it's a winner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Cadillac STS Sedan in VA is:

$118 per month*