2008 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
1st Cadillac, Great Car
By Matt on 03/09/10 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my 1st Cadillac. I purchased it new in Dec 09. It was on the dealer lot of 1.5 years and I got a great deal. After reading all of the reviews, was worried about build quality and reliability. I have been very happily surprised. Ride quaility is #1, handling and V8 performance are great. I am in my mid 40's and looked at Lexus, Infiniti, MB. The caddy, for the price, exceeded those other car makers. My younger friends have all been impressed with this car and are looking a Cadillac instead of a BMW or lexus. I hope that GM will continue to improve the model. At this writing, I don't think I will purchase anything but a Cadillac again. I have been very satisfied.

Very Happy
By richcory on 10/28/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Finally GM Got it right...For Now
By Old Red on 06/27/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two new GM vehicles in 2008, a Cadillac STS AWD and a Silverado 1500 LTZ 4WD. The quality of workmanship was the best I've ever seen in my 53 years of owning and driving all kinds of cars. 0 defects, good fitment, quality throughout. As good over better than any foreign car or truck I've ever been exposed to. Thinks I, "They've finally got it right".

From 2 BMW to Cadillac...
By Eric on 07/29/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 BMW,I just bought my first caddy at 36 yrs old.I was just tired seeing BMW,G35,NEW C-class even the new CTS every corner. So I found a great STS. It's very comfy very luxurious and the space inside. The nav with the 15 speakers from Bose? Oh la la. Its the best oem sound system I've ever heard, by the way I am a musician. Of course the mileage is so so I bought the v8. Funny that the hid light are not std for that car. Overall its a good value when reduce cause I wouldn't buy at full retail. I love everything about the car but its not BMW handling and driving experience. When you think about it who care were not formula 1 driver, right? Cadillac: the ultimate luxury experience? I guess

The best value for your money!
By Tony on 07/20/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had S-class Mercedes and BMW 7 several times before. I changed my S500 and I'm glad I did. Those fancy Germans are just not worth the money when it comes to compare.

Driving the 2008 STS
By Samlh on 06/21/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the V8 style, because adaptive speed control was not available on the V6. I traded in my 2005 STS, and got a great deal on the purchase. To this point, I am very pleased with the car, although gas mileage has not been good. Hopefully, it will get batter as I put more miles on the car. Although my 2008 is still very new,I believe it is a big improvement over the 2005. The car looks and rides better. I believe I made a good decision in purchasing the 2008 STS.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.