Used 2008 Cadillac STS V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

I fall in love everyday
By KRSTS

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this STS for 27 months and I love it more everyday. It was a GM owned CPO with only 8200 miles. This is my third Cadillac. My others were all V8s and I do not miss the V8 at all. The V6DI is great engine, not only for the power but the fuel mileage. The car is very comfortable on long trips and handles like a dream. There were a few minor issues early that were promptly fixed by the dealer. Now I only take it in for an annual oil change and inspection. Best car I have ever owned in my 67 years.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, power, comfort, features like remote start, keyless entry and start, auto locking, easy of entry and exit, wide trunk opening.

Suggested Improvements

Larger glove box, more usable pouches in the doors.

My first Cadillac
By powerline87

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac and my first car that was over $1000. Value: I got my car 3-4 years old, because the price drops by $20-25k by then. Performance: 302hp 3.6L DI V6. 52/48 weight dist. AWD. Dual-Wishbone front suspension - It handles better than most smaller cars I've driven, and even handles about as well as the CTS, despite being bigger and more comfortable. Comfort: I have driven a Lincoln MKZ, a Cadillac CTS and SRX, and a Lexus ES 350, and the STS is the most comfortable out of all of them. It is roomier and its seats just feel more comfortable. Summary: A used 2008-2011 Cadillac STS has a better balance between luxury and performance than any other car in my price range.

Favorite Features

-Key-less Entry/Remote Start. -The luxury of being able to quickly match the speed of traffic while pulling onto a highway from an on-ramp. - All Wheel Drive. It handles well and is easy to drive in rain and snow. Make sure you buy good all-season tires, as they're the only part of the car that touches the road. - Touchscreen Navigation screen. 6-CD changer on the dashboard. - Traction control easy to turn on/off quickly. - 15 Speaker Bose Surround sound - sounds like the band playing the music is in the car with me (from XM satellite and CD's, not necessarily FM radio). - Heated and Cooled front seats (real leather gets warm). Heated rear seats. Heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the hard drive for its radio, like the CTS does. I am I usually have traction control OFF when it is nice weather outside, because it comes on too much to be helpful in summer. In winter or during rainstorms it is helpful, but not when it's nice weather, in my experience. Everyone has their own preferences, though. It's a little expensive to fix/maintain. I bought mine Certified Used, so some things are still under warranty, but this car costs over twice as much to fix as many other GM cars, due to high tech/luxury features. Cadillac got rid of the STS in 2011. I hope they realize that their best car was the STS and make a new flagship performance luxury car soon.

Bad Paint
By Herb

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, except the paint. The car is black, and I had it waxed immediately, by a professional. The first time I cleaned it myself, I discovered many pock marks on the hood and rear deck. They are in the paint, and wax does not remove them. I am taking it into the dealer to check. The paint is defective, and I hope someone will back it up.

Favorite Features

Navigation, radio.

Bose Stereo Issue Debugged
By cfazzari

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In an earlier review I wrote the Bose system was basically terrible. The lows had no THUMP the Mids were Watery and the highs were muted. Apparently There are five different listener settings: Centerpoint, Driver, Talk, Normal and Rear. Centerpoint is the setting to use. The other four settings make the system sound awful at high volumes. Centerpoint wakes up the entire system and is easily comparable to the Boston Acoustic sytem I just came out of from my SRT8 Charger.

Lemonade
By LarryG

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased my 2008 STS in late December, 2007. Failed camshaft sensor, failed right side cam at 13,000 miles, deffective FOB's, 5-burned out lights, deffective driver's seat lumbar system. Dealer is great but car spends too much time in service bay. Will not lease or buy another GM product. Totaly fed up.

Favorite Features

Performance, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the reliability problems if Caddy wants to stay in the game.