Used 2008 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

My first Cadillac
By powerline87

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Cadillac and my first car that was over $1000. Value: I got my car 3-4 years old, because the price drops by $20-25k by then. Performance: 302hp 3.6L DI V6. 52/48 weight dist. AWD. Dual-Wishbone front suspension - It handles better than most smaller cars I've driven, and even handles about as well as the CTS, despite being bigger and more comfortable. Comfort: I have driven a Lincoln MKZ, a Cadillac CTS and SRX, and a Lexus ES 350, and the STS is the most comfortable out of all of them. It is roomier and its seats just feel more comfortable. Summary: A used 2008-2011 Cadillac STS has a better balance between luxury and performance than any other car in my price range.

Favorite Features

-Key-less Entry/Remote Start. -The luxury of being able to quickly match the speed of traffic while pulling onto a highway from an on-ramp. - All Wheel Drive. It handles well and is easy to drive in rain and snow. Make sure you buy good all-season tires, as they're the only part of the car that touches the road. - Touchscreen Navigation screen. 6-CD changer on the dashboard. - Traction control easy to turn on/off quickly. - 15 Speaker Bose Surround sound - sounds like the band playing the music is in the car with me (from XM satellite and CD's, not necessarily FM radio). - Heated and Cooled front seats (real leather gets warm). Heated rear seats. Heated steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the hard drive for its radio, like the CTS does. I am I usually have traction control OFF when it is nice weather outside, because it comes on too much to be helpful in summer. In winter or during rainstorms it is helpful, but not when it's nice weather, in my experience. Everyone has their own preferences, though. It's a little expensive to fix/maintain. I bought mine Certified Used, so some things are still under warranty, but this car costs over twice as much to fix as many other GM cars, due to high tech/luxury features. Cadillac got rid of the STS in 2011. I hope they realize that their best car was the STS and make a new flagship performance luxury car soon.

Bose Stereo Issue Debugged
By cfazzari

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In an earlier review I wrote the Bose system was basically terrible. The lows had no THUMP the Mids were Watery and the highs were muted. Apparently There are five different listener settings: Centerpoint, Driver, Talk, Normal and Rear. Centerpoint is the setting to use. The other four settings make the system sound awful at high volumes. Centerpoint wakes up the entire system and is easily comparable to the Boston Acoustic sytem I just came out of from my SRT8 Charger.

I fall in love everyday
By KRSTS

2008 Cadillac STS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this STS for 27 months and I love it more everyday. It was a GM owned CPO with only 8200 miles. This is my third Cadillac. My others were all V8s and I do not miss the V8 at all. The V6DI is great engine, not only for the power but the fuel mileage. The car is very comfortable on long trips and handles like a dream. There were a few minor issues early that were promptly fixed by the dealer. Now I only take it in for an annual oil change and inspection. Best car I have ever owned in my 67 years.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, power, comfort, features like remote start, keyless entry and start, auto locking, easy of entry and exit, wide trunk opening.

Suggested Improvements

Larger glove box, more usable pouches in the doors.

1st Cadillac, Great Car
By Matt

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my 1st Cadillac. I purchased it new in Dec 09. It was on the dealer lot of 1.5 years and I got a great deal. After reading all of the reviews, was worried about build quality and reliability. I have been very happily surprised. Ride quaility is #1, handling and V8 performance are great. I am in my mid 40's and looked at Lexus, Infiniti, MB. The caddy, for the price, exceeded those other car makers. My younger friends have all been impressed with this car and are looking a Cadillac instead of a BMW or lexus. I hope that GM will continue to improve the model. At this writing, I don't think I will purchase anything but a Cadillac again. I have been very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Heated Steering Wheel, Ride and Handling, V8 performance. Comfort of front seats. It is a great touring car. Bose system is great and exterior lighting really helps on dark winter nights. On star and Cadillac road service (I had a flat (nail) the 1st week, they came in 30 min and changed the tire)

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complaint has to be interior storage. The glove box is small and side door pockets are shallow. Center console with nav has no storage and center bin cosole is deep, but not large. No sunglass holder in center stack above the mirror. Finally, instruction video instead of the owner man.

Very Happy
By richcory

2008 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought our 08 STS V8 in March of this year and it had 13000 miles on it. We like it so much that we have driven to to Vegas, Denver and Ohio from our home in Oklahoma. Wife drives it every day to work and another 13000 miles later we couldn't be happier with our purchase. On the trip to Vegas and back we averaged 30 MPG with 4 adults and trunk full of luggage. Sound system is the best of any factory system available. Nav is good but could be more user friendly. Interior storage space could be improved upon and the glove box is a joke. Overall a great car with lots of performace and fun to drive. It's performace isn't that far off from my 94 Vette.

Favorite Features

Remote start, 5.1 Bose Surround, V8 power and fuel economy, 6-spd auto

Suggested Improvements

interior space and a more user friendly nav system