Used 2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Most Helpful|
Not worth $54,0000
By Tony

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have now driven this car for a sold year. The car looks great and handles well. There are some problems that you should not have with this price range. I have noises in the power stearing. The gas cover is cheap and is just spring loaded. I get less than 14.5 miles a gallon in the city. I do like the style and handleing. There is somthing about a caddy that has a dual exhaust that is streamlined. All n All this is not a $54,000 car. This is more like a $40,000 car. If you were to compare this to the Lexus or Benz in the same price range you might sway away from the Caddy but the Caddy have much better lease deals. I was able to lease this luxury car for nothing down and $599 a month!

Favorite Features

The outside look. The front is super cool and the interior is very nice. The all wheel drive is great in snow. For a V6 it can move,

Suggested Improvements

Voice act. is worthless. Trunk is very cheap. Gas cover is horrid, outside trim gets lose to easily, tracking control is scary, Gas mileage is a joke, need wider tires, bigger trunk,

Great Looking car with Feature Issues
By mlpjlk

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Like most people on this forum are stating, this car looks great, rides great, preforms great, stops great, etc... Mechanically, this car looks and performs head and shoulders above its competition. Where the STS falls short of everyone else is in the creature comforts that make a luxury car a luxury car. GM went cheap and misses the mark on these items. Bluetooth only certified to work on phones older then 2007. May work with newer ones, but they are not 100% Bluetooth compliant. See Suggested improvements below for more.

Favorite Features

The Northstar V8, the styling, the limited amount of chrome on the Raven Black car, the interior, the magnetic ride control, iPOD connects, gas mileage, 23 highway and 19 city. The car is solid. It drives like a dream. Features like remote start and auto dim headlights are nice, but not necessary

Suggested Improvements

See Bluetooth above. Nav system will not allow passenger to enter destination when car is moving. My Volvo and Lexus both allow this to take place. The Homelink is not 'Homelink,' it's an off brand and does not work with gates. And the voice command does not work and has a list of useless command.

not so good
By caddy owner

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed leasing this caddy. I was so happy the day I picked up. Over the past 3 years the car has had some problem. There was about 4 recalls. I wore a hole through the driver side carpet. The outside chrome has come off. Gas tank lid spring broke. Knobs on the dash have worn off. I only avg 14 mpg. A bit under powered. Trunk and back seat way too small. The rims bust up very easy. Had to replace 2 of them in the past 2 years. The plus is the car looks great and does have a smooth ride. After driving the car for 3 years I would never buy one. Its just not a well made car for a stick price of $54,000.

Favorite Features

The look of the car and the smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat & trunk. More power. Better made interior. User friendly nav. Bigger tires and thicker rims.

Pleasantly Surprised !
By Bill

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After some very expensive minor repairs and service to our Mercedes E320, My wife and I started researching alternatives. We have owned mostly German and Honda cars for many years. (Except for my jewel- like '94 Vett). She thought the CTS was too "edgy" but was totally taken by the STS. I was a little skeptical until we took it for a test drive. It was really impressive and comfortable. The first 1000 mile trip yielded 25 mpg on regular gas. Some of the controls are a little unfriendly but well worth the time to master. Last night I started the STS from inside a restaurant which turned on the heater & seat heaters during a snowstorm. The warrenty and OnStar are great.

Favorite Features

The combined comfort and handling are great. For comfort and convenience, the remote start and programmable individual settings are impressive.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk should open when unlatched and have better access. Also, the glove box needs improvement.

Well Made Car
By cadfanatic

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. It performs well and looks great. I have had no problems with it. Unless you get a 535i or higher, they do not compare. BMW's are mechanical pieces of junk. You best not keep one after the warranty runs out. This caddy is super, handles extremely well. I also own a 2001 STS. It has 180,000 miles on it, still runs like new. To all the haters, you can put a dead key fob in the center console pocket and the car will work fine. Read the manual. If you want cavernous rear seat room, get the DTS.

Favorite Features

V8 Northstar engine is bullet proof, sport, auto manual transmission. All the gadgets. Cooled seats. Remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastic is cheap looking. Navigation could be easier to use. Need to have an ignition key switch somewhere. Gets now where near the EPA gas mileage estimate.