Used 2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Stay away
By locdoc

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car, and within the first year, the car was in the shop for over 30 days! It was first a recall, then rattles in the trunk that took three tries to fix, then a blown speaker, then Homelink failures. Unbelievable! I was never offered anything for my troubles by the dealer or GM. Bottom line, I traded for a 2008 335i BMW sedan and could not be happier. BMW offers so much more for the money. Imagine that, a BMW more affordable and a better value than a Cadillac!! The original list on the Caddy was $65,000, and it wholesaled after I traded it in for $25000, and only after 13 months!!

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission

Suggested Improvements

needs rethink on interior, navigation, Bluetooth, and build quality

Great Looking car with Feature Issues
By mlpjlk

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Like most people on this forum are stating, this car looks great, rides great, preforms great, stops great, etc... Mechanically, this car looks and performs head and shoulders above its competition. Where the STS falls short of everyone else is in the creature comforts that make a luxury car a luxury car. GM went cheap and misses the mark on these items. Bluetooth only certified to work on phones older then 2007. May work with newer ones, but they are not 100% Bluetooth compliant. See Suggested improvements below for more.

Favorite Features

The Northstar V8, the styling, the limited amount of chrome on the Raven Black car, the interior, the magnetic ride control, iPOD connects, gas mileage, 23 highway and 19 city. The car is solid. It drives like a dream. Features like remote start and auto dim headlights are nice, but not necessary

Suggested Improvements

See Bluetooth above. Nav system will not allow passenger to enter destination when car is moving. My Volvo and Lexus both allow this to take place. The Homelink is not 'Homelink,' it's an off brand and does not work with gates. And the voice command does not work and has a list of useless command.

Lots of small problems!
By Lomcc

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car almost a year ago because I could get a great lease deal and liked the styling. The engine and transmission are the best features on this car. It rides extremely well and has lots of power! The problem is in the details. The Bluetooth is a joke. Our BMW works light years better. The navigation system interface was poorly designed. It is confusing much harder to use than any other I have tried. There has already been one recall, plus a loose metal piece that had to replaced in the trunk, plus a non- working Homelink garage opener, plus lack of good steering wheel controls. For the same price, you could get a BMW that is MUCH better!

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better nav, better Bluetooth, better integration of controls, better quality control!

Awesome Car
By Rhonda

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Caddy I've ever owned,and I am truly impressed with everything about it, I love the way it handles, and the comfort of the ride. I am spoiled now and will always look at Cadillacs when I need to buy my next car.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, XM radio, Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk

2007 STS 4
By JWD

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had this STS for a month now and have to say it an awesome car. Living in the north the AWD has shown that it can handle the winters here. This car handles great and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. Seems to be built solid and the V6 has enough power to keep you intrested and still provides an average of 18 mpg. The 5.1 Bose stereo is the best I have ever heard in a car.

Favorite Features

The remote start, the handling and the 5.1 Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

None so far