2007 Cadillac STS V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Sts - Consumer Reviews

2007 STS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Sort Reviews by

Finally, Believer in American
By browser

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my 2007 STS with 5K miles about 3 weeks ago. After owning a Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW, I think the STS presented the most value for the car. This was my first American car in over 20 years. What an improvement in design and quality!! I love the technolgy and comfort. Finally nice job

Favorite Features

Technology, remote start and driver recognition

Suggested Improvements

Glovebox, navigation less confusing and trunk opening.

My First American!
By Browser

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first American car in over 20 years. I trade in cars every 3 years due to my business. Driven, Nissan, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar and Mercedes. I have to say this is STS was the best value for my money. I got a lot more than what I get with any of the others, including the Certified 6- year 100K warranty as my STS was a demo with 5K miles. Finally, nice job Cadillac with all the refinements, technology, ride, etc.

Favorite Features

Remote start, driver recognition

Suggested Improvements

Nav a bit confusing but you get used to it. Could use larger trucnk space.

Pleasantly Surprised !
By Bill

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After some very expensive minor repairs and service to our Mercedes E320, My wife and I started researching alternatives. We have owned mostly German and Honda cars for many years. (Except for my jewel- like '94 Vett). She thought the CTS was too "edgy" but was totally taken by the STS. I was a little skeptical until we took it for a test drive. It was really impressive and comfortable. The first 1000 mile trip yielded 25 mpg on regular gas. Some of the controls are a little unfriendly but well worth the time to master. Last night I started the STS from inside a restaurant which turned on the heater & seat heaters during a snowstorm. The warrenty and OnStar are great.

Favorite Features

The combined comfort and handling are great. For comfort and convenience, the remote start and programmable individual settings are impressive.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk should open when unlatched and have better access. Also, the glove box needs improvement.

Not worth $54,0000
By Tony

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have now driven this car for a sold year. The car looks great and handles well. There are some problems that you should not have with this price range. I have noises in the power stearing. The gas cover is cheap and is just spring loaded. I get less than 14.5 miles a gallon in the city. I do like the style and handleing. There is somthing about a caddy that has a dual exhaust that is streamlined. All n All this is not a $54,000 car. This is more like a $40,000 car. If you were to compare this to the Lexus or Benz in the same price range you might sway away from the Caddy but the Caddy have much better lease deals. I was able to lease this luxury car for nothing down and $599 a month!

Favorite Features

The outside look. The front is super cool and the interior is very nice. The all wheel drive is great in snow. For a V6 it can move,

Suggested Improvements

Voice act. is worthless. Trunk is very cheap. Gas cover is horrid, outside trim gets lose to easily, tracking control is scary, Gas mileage is a joke, need wider tires, bigger trunk,

2nd STS for me, and I love my '07!!
By tj65

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd STS. I expected a lot of my new '07 STS and have been very pleased so far! Cars I considered before buying my STS - all very nice but either too small or offered less value: 1. Acura TL and RL 2. Lexus GS and IS 3. Infinity M35 4. Subaru Tribeca 5. Audi A6 6. Mercedes E Class 7. BMW 5 Series 8. Volvo S70 The '07 STS handles like a sports car with luxury feel; exacly what I was looking for! It's quick for a V6 - I test drove the V6 and V8, and there was not a huge difference to justify the incremental cost. I looked at a bunch of cars, and the STS, in my opinion, gave me by far the best bang for the buck (see favorite features below) Very pleased so far!

Favorite Features

1. Handles like a sports car with luxury feel! Quite and smooth 2. Quick for a V6 (my old STS is a V8, and the 6 feels as powerful) 3. Ventilated seats 4. Regular gas 5. Keyless start 6. Comfortable seats 7. Very sporty look 8. Heated steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

1. Small glove box 2. Small trunk 3. Navigation buttons confusing 4. Blue tooth phone can't be dialed with car in motion (could be voice activated) 5. Provide better summary information for bluetooth, home link, navigation, XM radio

Car is great
By brian

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Car is an automotive winner. She blows the doors off the Mercedes Benz E class, the Infinity M35, or the 535 series BMW. in both performance and and good looks. Full featured for far less.

Favorite Features

Air conditioned seats

Suggested Improvements

Add a back up camera and movable headlights standard

From BMW to Cadillac
By beamerman

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am 60 years old and a car nut. I have owned 5 BMW cars and a friend said to drive the STS. I have not owned or leased an American car for 40 years. I drove this car and fell in love with it. I received an abundance of rebates and leased this car for 36 months with only paying taxes for 420.00/month. GM sent me a 2000.00 off certificate as well. The car handles smoothly, I can feel the road. The V6 is plenty powerful and I didn't lease based on the $46,000 MSRP. The car is tight, beautifully equipped and rides like a dream. I have OnStar, my own voice activated phone etc. If GM could get people to drive this car they would buy it. Kudos to General Motors for getting their act together.

Favorite Features

The ride comfort, power, OnStar, satellite radio and beautiful interior. I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

I can not think of a thing.

Northstar Gas Mileage on "6" is Good
By Brandon Young

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The STS has won us over. For the price, looks, convenience, build quality, gas mileage, we are extremely pleased with this machine.

Favorite Features

We love the easy computer touchscreen for the radio and navigation. The keyless entry is super. Its handling and power are shocking for a six cylinder coming from GM/Cadillac.

Suggested Improvements

The glove box is tiny, make it bigger. There is nothing else we don't love about this car.

Tough to Beat
By MR T

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just leased a 2007 Cadillac STS V6 all wheel drive. This car is a blend of performance, luxury, and technology. With the V6 you have enough power and all wheel drive should give me great control in the winter. This is not your Father's Cadilliac. It has a smooth ride with enough power to keep your attention. The interior is luxurious. I chose this car over the BMW 5 series, E350 Benz, Lexus GS, and Infiniti M45. I chose the STS because its luxury, performance, and lease incentives. The sticker was $52,000 and I leased it for $612 a month with nothing down. This car competes with the others in its class too. When I look at the US cars most of them are not worthy to compete in this class. The STS is. This is the new Caddy!

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about this car would have to be the smooth ride with the sporty handling. The navigation systemis good, yet complicated. I like the dual exhaust, remote Start, and air/heated seats. Keyless start is very cool. I shopped for a entire year before I made my choice on the STS.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a better trunk. The trunk lid feels very cheap. The voice recognition is unusable. The glove box is way too small. The car need a bit more room in the cabin. If you are over 6'1" it would be too tight. Gie it a bigger back seat. It should get better gas mileage. It is getting 15.4 mpg city, when a V6 should get 20 mpg.

STS much better than 2006 S Class Benz
By Jeremy Trynor

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is 30 grand cheaper than Mercedes and absolutely runs better. You don't have a service engine light come on everyday like the German vehicles. The 6 cylinder is nailing 19.7 mpg combined hard driving, and is extremely quick off the line and very quiet. We truly cannot believe how much we enjoy this car. Seats, performance, Bose Audio and Wood grain are above expectations.

Favorite Features

Keyless start, video "dvd" player display console, with xm radio. Excellent power and braking. Honestly much better than our last mercedes. I won't even comment on the BMW 7 series debacle we endured, electronic nightmare. Cadillac is incredible after horrendous BMW. 87 octane is a plus

Suggested Improvements

Power close doors and trunk. Otherwise perfect vehicle. GM can be very proud.