Used 2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Not so Good
By Sammy Sam

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Caddy. I thought I'd get a four door car because my family grew. Well this car I got from the dealer was a eye catcher and test drove it fine. After a couple weeks, I started to have some issues, the dealer couldn't figure it out and the warranty on the car wouldn't kick in since they can't nail what the problem was. Basically the noise sounded like a belt going bad, they changed everything imaginable and still the issue was there. Brakes are horrible, and electronic pieces go to quickly such as the steering wheel controls for the radio. Additionally, to replace your headlights you have to remove the entire bumper off to do so, dealer asks 350.00 in labor only, which is a rip off, although I do it myself, I have to take the day out on a weekend to do it which then the rest of the weekend is gone. My opinion is that they need to make a car that is consumer friendly for repairs such as maintenance for lighting etc. and then the dealers need to know how to fix these issues. So far this is my last Caddy and wouldn't buy another.. Going back to BMW. Way better car.

Well Made Car
By cadfanatic

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. It performs well and looks great. I have had no problems with it. Unless you get a 535i or higher, they do not compare. BMW's are mechanical pieces of junk. You best not keep one after the warranty runs out. This caddy is super, handles extremely well. I also own a 2001 STS. It has 180,000 miles on it, still runs like new. To all the haters, you can put a dead key fob in the center console pocket and the car will work fine. Read the manual. If you want cavernous rear seat room, get the DTS.

V8 Northstar engine is bullet proof, sport, auto manual transmission. All the gadgets. Cooled seats. Remote start.

Interior plastic is cheap looking. Navigation could be easier to use. Need to have an ignition key switch somewhere. Gets now where near the EPA gas mileage estimate.

Very happy!
By Cadi07AWDV8

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love the V8 AWD, the few thousand is worth it for the AWD option if you are in snow states. Also the magnetic ride control with the available option of riding with performance or touring is great. I love the navigation, once you get it down. it is quite user friendly. Definitely luxurious with the diamond white pearl and the cashmere interior and light brown wood grain! Great sound with the Bose speakers also! HID lights and LED tail-lights. This car is perfect!

all of them, power & luxury.

maybe a little more back-seat space and rear shade like the Mercedes. iPod hookup would also be nice!

not so good
By caddy owner

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed leasing this caddy. I was so happy the day I picked up. Over the past 3 years the car has had some problem. There was about 4 recalls. I wore a hole through the driver side carpet. The outside chrome has come off. Gas tank lid spring broke. Knobs on the dash have worn off. I only avg 14 mpg. A bit under powered. Trunk and back seat way too small. The rims bust up very easy. Had to replace 2 of them in the past 2 years. The plus is the car looks great and does have a smooth ride. After driving the car for 3 years I would never buy one. Its just not a well made car for a stick price of $54,000.

The look of the car and the smooth ride

Bigger back seat & trunk. More power. Better made interior. User friendly nav. Bigger tires and thicker rims.

My Last Cadillac
By Former Caddy Owner

2007 Cadillac STS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd or 4th Cadillac (lost count) but it is surely my last one. This little STS has had one annoying problem after another...and NO MILES ON IT!!! This evening it has shut down completely and doesn't recognize fobs, won't open the trunk or move out of PARK. Road Side Assistance sent a tow truck out to carry the car back to the dealer, but, the tow driver couldn't budge the car out of PARK. Thankfully, we are home and have a second vehicle (Toyota) so we aren't stranded. Now, if this was happening at a mall or anywhere on the road, this incident would be more than infuriating. I would not advise anyone to buy a Cadillac.

It's pretty.