2007 Cadillac STS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific STS model:
Well Made Car
By cadfanatic on 09/03/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. It performs well and looks great. I have had no problems with it. Unless you get a 535i or higher, they do not compare. BMW's are mechanical pieces of junk. You best not keep one after the warranty runs out. This caddy is super, handles extremely well. I also own a 2001 STS. It has 180,000 miles on it, still runs like new. To all the haters, you can put a dead key fob in the center console pocket and the car will work fine. Read the manual. If you want cavernous rear seat room, get the DTS.

Very happy!
By Cadi07AWDV8 on 08/17/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love the V8 AWD, the few thousand is worth it for the AWD option if you are in snow states. Also the magnetic ride control with the available option of riding with performance or touring is great. I love the navigation, once you get it down. it is quite user friendly. Definitely luxurious with the diamond white pearl and the cashmere interior and light brown wood grain! Great sound with the Bose speakers also! HID lights and LED tail-lights. This car is perfect!

not so good
By caddy owner on 01/07/10 12:06 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed leasing this caddy. I was so happy the day I picked up. Over the past 3 years the car has had some problem. There was about 4 recalls. I wore a hole through the driver side carpet. The outside chrome has come off. Gas tank lid spring broke. Knobs on the dash have worn off. I only avg 14 mpg. A bit under powered. Trunk and back seat way too small. The rims bust up very easy. Had to replace 2 of them in the past 2 years. The plus is the car looks great and does have a smooth ride. After driving the car for 3 years I would never buy one. Its just not a well made car for a stick price of $54,000.

My Last Cadillac
By Former Caddy Owner on 05/22/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd or 4th Cadillac (lost count) but it is surely my last one. This little STS has had one annoying problem after another...and NO MILES ON IT!!! This evening it has shut down completely and doesn't recognize fobs, won't open the trunk or move out of PARK. Road Side Assistance sent a tow truck out to carry the car back to the dealer, but, the tow driver couldn't budge the car out of PARK. Thankfully, we are home and have a second vehicle (Toyota) so we aren't stranded. Now, if this was happening at a mall or anywhere on the road, this incident would be more than infuriating. I would not advise anyone to buy a Cadillac.

A Sporty Luxoboat
By Statesman on 05/03/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I inherited my like new '07 STS this year and it is a pleasure to drive. There are only a few squawks: programming without the nav screen is complex and the drivers seat appears loose (there's a TSB that addresses it) and nitrogen-filled tires are a bit overboard. Aside from those minor criticisms, the car is an excellent performing car. It's rakish looks are complemented by its terrific handling.

Stay away
By locdoc on 07/26/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car, and within the first year, the car was in the shop for over 30 days! It was first a recall, then rattles in the trunk that took three tries to fix, then a blown speaker, then Homelink failures. Unbelievable! I was never offered anything for my troubles by the dealer or GM. Bottom line, I traded for a 2008 335i BMW sedan and could not be happier. BMW offers so much more for the money. Imagine that, a BMW more affordable and a better value than a Cadillac!! The original list on the Caddy was $65,000, and it wholesaled after I traded it in for $25000, and only after 13 months!!

Great Looking car with Feature Issues
By mlpjlk on 07/11/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Like most people on this forum are stating, this car looks great, rides great, preforms great, stops great, etc... Mechanically, this car looks and performs head and shoulders above its competition. Where the STS falls short of everyone else is in the creature comforts that make a luxury car a luxury car. GM went cheap and misses the mark on these items. Bluetooth only certified to work on phones older then 2007. May work with newer ones, but they are not 100% Bluetooth compliant. See Suggested improvements below for more.

Lots of small problems!
By Lomcc on 05/24/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car almost a year ago because I could get a great lease deal and liked the styling. The engine and transmission are the best features on this car. It rides extremely well and has lots of power! The problem is in the details. The Bluetooth is a joke. Our BMW works light years better. The navigation system interface was poorly designed. It is confusing much harder to use than any other I have tried. There has already been one recall, plus a loose metal piece that had to replaced in the trunk, plus a non- working Homelink garage opener, plus lack of good steering wheel controls. For the same price, you could get a BMW that is MUCH better!

Awesome Car
By Rhonda on 03/24/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Caddy I've ever owned,and I am truly impressed with everything about it, I love the way it handles, and the comfort of the ride. I am spoiled now and will always look at Cadillacs when I need to buy my next car.

2007 STS 4
By JWD on 02/23/08 13:33 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac STS Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had this STS for a month now and have to say it an awesome car. Living in the north the AWD has shown that it can handle the winters here. This car handles great and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. Seems to be built solid and the V6 has enough power to keep you intrested and still provides an average of 18 mpg. The 5.1 Bose stereo is the best I have ever heard in a car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.