2006 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best Car We Ever Drove

2006 Cadillac STS - Consumer Review

V6 Sedan (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Best Car We Ever Drove
By stser on

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in June 2006 for my wife and two middle school boys. Boys are grown and gone, but car is still excellent. 108,000 miles and counting. Lots of short cold winter starts which can really wear on an engine, but no problems. Used synthetic oil and changed only every 10,000 miles. Ash tray covers (f&b) both broke off, and the bushings in the front suspension have moved out of place so we do get some clunking noises over bumps. Both headlamps burned out within months of each other and were costly to replace because the whole front end had to come off. On third set of tires, otherwise no issues. If looking at used...I would buy my car again. Hope to keep it another 100,000 miles. Good GM!

Favorite Features

In dash GPS, unlocks before you reach the car, outstanding speaker system, bluetooth link, memory seating and the heated steering wheel. Drove some BMWs and others, Caddy was the best ride.

Suggested Improvements

I have a tall torso. With the seat all the way back and all the way down my head still touches the top. If I lean slightly to one side or the other I am fine, or if I slouch. After ten minutes of driving I slouch anyway, so no problem. But if I could have just one more inch...