2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Review: Never again

2006 Cadillac STS Sedan - Consumer Review

Never again
By Jeff on

2006 Cadillac STS V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I thought this car would be fun and practical. I have the STS 4, all wheel drive. I have owned it for 7 months and have already made four trips to the dealer and the issues are still not corrected. I have had on-going problems with the all wheel drive and leaks, seals, etc. It has excessive wind noise (which is a a joke for a $60,000 car, my Honda is much quieter). My car has a horrible issue with its acceleration / transmission and the engine nearly seeming to stall out when I want to accelarate on turns and corners. It has a poor HVAC system. It would take a librarian 6 weeks of reading to figure out all the electronics on the car and how to use them. The interior is way too small. Plus there is no back seat space. I am not happy.

The fact that my lease is almost over!

Start over, dont make it look just like the CTS. Add some room, improve quality, simplify electronics, better train your dealers how to repair.