2006 Cadillac STS Consumer Review: Engine Trouble After 3 years

2006 Cadillac STS - Consumer Review

V6 Sedan (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Engine Trouble After 3 years
By Martin on

2006 Cadillac STS V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 STS after owning a volvo for 14 years. Never had to replace the motor or transmission. I thought I was going to own this car for a number of years without major problems. Wrong! In the shop now with engine problem. The price keeps going up just to identify what's wrong. Paid too much money to have problems so soon. I am now wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this car. I thought this would be the car that would take me into retirement. It's a good looking car, but it has it's down falls such as useless glove compartment, limited storage space in doors, small truck for a med size nice looking car, noisy, and limited room in the back seats.

Keyless entry, nice Boise stereo system, very nice and impressive looking car.

Bigger glove compartment and truck. Top quality inspection to ensure the car has quality parts and runs like a well built car and the money it cost. When problems occur too soon GMC should stand behind their car and major parts.The factory warranty should be no less than a 100,000 miles on major part
By baldieone
on 11/29/11 21:21 PM (PST)

Got my 06 STS in 07, it was a demo. Except for a couple of recalls fixes I love it. Get my oil changed at the dealership and could not ask for a better car. I am spoiled by my cady.